Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, first time posting here, but I've lurked for awhile and exhausted the search feature without success.

Does anyone know where the Kia Soul 2016 2.0l engine block heater cavity is? Engine block heaters for this car are the cartridge style where they are inserted into the pre-built slot in the engine block. Problem is, I can't find it and can't find anyone online with a guide.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
Where in Canada?

I have instructions for the 2012 2.0L, and it says "the heat core hole location is at the rear driver side of engine" (not a very clear photo, but the instructions should come with the block heater)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where in Canada?

I have instructions for the 2012 2.0L, and it says "the heat core hole location is at the rear driver side of engine" (not a very clear photos, but the instructions should come with the block heater)

View attachment 132919
Thanks for the lightning fast reply! I'm in Ottawa, Ontario.

I'm starting to think the parts department gave me the wrong heater, will call in tomorrow morning. The instructions were similar to yours but I thoroughly searched that area and found nothing. I did find what looks like the cavity on the driver side near the back, but it was sealed off (only a cm or so deep).

I'll post back no matter what in case someone in future needs to Google this :)

·
Registered
15,164 Posts
Just get the parts or service guy to point out the actual location for you, if in doubt. We have a few members that live in the Ottawa area.

TIP: you should fill out your signature line with your location and details of what you are driving (see mine) makes it easier for everyone when they can see this info each time you post.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
IT is located on the front drivers side right below the intake manifold. I Had one installed on my 2016 SX.

Pat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IT is located on the front drivers side right below the intake manifold. I Had one installed on my 2016 SX.

Pat.
Thanks Pat! I'll be checking this out tomorrow. I was searching more along the sides and back, don't think I looked under the manifold at the front.

·
Registered
15,164 Posts
Thanks Pat! I'll be checking this out tomorrow. I was searching more along the sides and back, don't think I looked under the manifold at the front.
thanks for filling out the signature info, but what does AUB mean and which model do you have?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts