Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I'm the second owner of the car only at 46k miles. The battery died, so I replaced it. Then the sound stopped working. So I checked the audio fuse and replaced it just in case, still no sound. I went into the setting on the dashboard and did reset to factory settings, still no sound. Maybe I have to reset the car computer? Anyone know how I can go about doing that?

Has anyone else had this issue? How did you fix it?

If it's the radio unit... I don't feel like getting ripped off by the dealer. I might just get a replacement radio, but then I'll lose the backup camera functionality probably :(

Does anyone have any advice or a solution to this problem?

·
Registered
2018 Soul + and 2012 Soul +
250 Posts
First thing I would check is the grounding coming off the battery and the engine. Make sure the ground wasn't interrupted by the battery replacement. If it runs and starts fine, probably not the problem, but check.

You make no mention of what the volume control is telling you when you have no sound. Do you have the Infiinity?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First thing I would check is the grounding coming off the battery and the engine. Make sure the ground wasn't interrupted by the battery replacement. If it runs and starts fine, probably not the problem, but check.

You make no mention of what the volume control is telling you when you have no sound. Do you have the Infiinity?
No problem starting the car.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Infinity", but no sound comes out when I adjust the volume for the radio or hook up my phone via AUX cable.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,064 Posts
No problem starting the car.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Infinity", but no sound comes out when I adjust the volume for the radio or hook up my phone via AUX cable.
We need to know the type of radio you have for us to help you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We need to know the type of radio you have for us to help you.
Oh I see. It's the stock one that came with the car. Is there an ID number somewhere I can find or do I need to remove the radio and check the sticker on it?

By the way thanks for trying to help me guys, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,155 Posts
Oh I see. It's the stock one that came with the car. Is there an ID number somewhere I can find or do I need to remove the radio and check the sticker on it?
I'm afraid that doesn't help as we don't know which model trim of Soul you drive (please fill out your drive info - settings/edit profile), there can be up to three different type of "stock radios" depending on the model involved and the package.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm afraid that doesn't help as we don't know which model trim of Soul you drive (please fill out your drive info - settings/edit profile), there can be up to three different type of "stock radios" depending on the model involved and the package.
It's a 2012 Kia Soul ! (Exclaim). Not sure if the reverse camera is a special add on or not, but I have that.

Here is how my radio unit looks - http://image.automotive.com/f/2012_kia_soul/41996010/radio.jpg

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,155 Posts
that's more helpful, backup camera is standard with any UVO system.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 2012 Exclaim sound also stopped working around 32 months in... the UVO screen and everything else appeared to be fine (volume would show) but none of the speakers would play any music (but the screen would make selection beeps). Dealer tried a fuse replacement and I think maybe a speaker or two? But that didn't fix the problem and so the entire radio had to be replacement and thankfully that was just a few months under the warranty.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,307 Posts
Maybe try disconnecting the battery for about 10 mins & reconnect. Then go into the setup screen & reset clock, any radio, volume, equilizer settings & see if this thing will work.

Is there any chance the mechanic may have accidentally snagged any wiring under the dash? Like the speaker connector?

Too bad you didn't have a nanny cam running :)

It doesn't seem like a simple battery replacement should cause just the sound to go out. Is there a Mute button on your system?

Keep us posted. All the best!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm the second owner of the car only at 46k miles. The battery died, so I replaced it. Then the sound stopped working. So I checked the audio fuse and replaced it just in case, still no sound. I went into the setting on the dashboard and did reset to factory settings, still no sound. Maybe I have to reset the car computer? Anyone know how I can go about doing that?

Has anyone else had this issue? How did you fix it?

If it's the radio unit... I don't feel like getting ripped off by the dealer. I might just get a replacement radio, but then I'll lose the backup camera functionality probably :(

Does anyone have any advice or a solution to this problem?
Did you get this fixed? Same issue here.

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
784 Posts
Did you get this fixed? Same issue here.
FYI, that original poster appears not to have posted on these forums since starting this thread back in 2016, so it's doubtful they'll reply. You might try using the Advanced Search tool to see if a similar problem was discussed elsewhere on these forums. If nothing comes up I suggest starting a new topic in the appropriate forum and include as much information as you can about your car (year, trim, mileage, original owner or not, etc.).

Also, please review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page to learn how best to use these forums so that you can get quicker answers.

Reactions: GeoSoul
1 - 13 of 13 Posts