Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Soul, 1.6 Automatic, Base
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Base model. I’ve had this car for 4 years just about with no ‘major’ issues and never replaced the tires that came with the car. I don’t drive that often, only racking up about 21,000 miles in that timeframe.

What are the best (not necessarily most expensive) tires for Midwest winters and all-around season?

Thank you.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have the Base model. I’ve had this car for 4 years just about with no ‘major’ issues and never replaced the tires that came with the car. I don’t drive that often, only racking up about 21,000 miles in that timeframe.

What are the best (not necessarily most expensive) tires for Midwest winters and all-around season?

Thank you.
I’ve read good reviews for a couple of “all weather” tires with the three peak mountain snowflake logo (3PMSF)

General AltiMAX 365 AW

And

Michelin CrossClimate2

They’re all season but with much better winter traction. I think they might be a little noisier than regular all seasons and they are directional tires.

I’ve been looking at tires too, but haven’t decided if I wanted to go to this type of tire or not. I’ve also read good things about regular all season General Altimax RT43.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I’ve got Nokian WR G4 on my 2020EX. They are priced midway between the above mentioned Michelina and General tires. Are also 3xPeak rated. i really like them too. Trouble is Nokians can be hard to find. They were recommended to to me by some friends who live in the”Great White North.”

·
Registered
2014 1.6l manual
364 Posts
General AltiMAX 365 AW

And

Michelin CrossClimate2

...and they are directional tires.
The General AltiMAX 365AW is I believe non-directional unlike most / all the other all-weather tires.

"...its symmetric tread pattern allows for a touring tire-type of wear. Symmetric patterns allow the dealer to rotate the tire as freely as they’d like." Quote from this article.

I’ve been looking at tires too, but haven’t decided if I wanted to go to this type of tire or not. I’ve also read good things about regular all season General Altimax RT43.
Been considering new tires myself even though have lots of tread left on my current set. If I do switch it'll be to all weather tires instead of all season tires.

On my previous car I had the General AltiMAX RT43 and for the short time (~4 months) I had them before getting hit I thought they were fine tires and didn't have any complaints.

General AltiMAX RT43 has done very well in tire tests at tirerack.com. Unfortunately TireRack tests tires by category (Standard Touring All Season, Grand Touring All Season, High Performance All Season, etc.) and only four brands per test so hard to impossible to compare the Altimax RT43 against all the other tires TireRack tests.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts