Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a wire loose close to a sensor on higher part of right hand of motor. Connectors are broken. Wish to know what sensor properties and what part it is that looks like a small cylinder and requires.electricity . My car engine stopped suddenly when driving and does not any longer start

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you haven’t already corrected the issue, you’re going to have to provide a lot more info. Engine size, 1.6 or 2.0, also the transmission type, plus maybe even the Production date. Also, right hand, is that standing looking at the engine, or sitting in the vehicle, meaning driver or passenger side, as a rule of thumb in the automotive world the driver side is always the left and the passenger side is always the right (at least in the US it is). And a couple of Photos would greatly help, one up close and one further back.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yeah more info, and a picture would be helpful if you haven’t had it fixed already.

I’m taking a wild guess that you have the 2.0L and the cylinder looking part you are talking about on the “higher part right hand of motor” is the idle air control valve.

If the connector is broken, I’m not sure if Kia would have just the connector, but if you have a “you pull it” type of salvage yard in your area, you might be able to find one and splice it in.

Hyundai and Kia used this engine in a few different models for quite a while so you’ll have plenty of cars to look at for the part that fits your car.

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
482 Posts
That engine is way to Clean…
It’s a stock image I used to see if the circled part is the one she’s having an issue with, but it doesn’t look like she’s going to come back and update the thread. 😕

·
Registered
482 Posts
Oh ok, I was thinking you kept that Soul in a closed garage and cleaned it every other day.
I wish I had a garage, but when I do my oil changes I wipe down the engine bay to keep it looking as clean as possible. 😀

1 - 7 of 7 Posts