Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a KIA Sorento 2011. Does anyone know where the Door Lock/Unlock Relay is located?

NOTE: :fatigue:I can unlock my electric doors but I cannot Lock the doors manually and remotely; I think its a relay, but I need to know where to located it.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,475 Posts
I have a '71 AMC Pacer and..............just kidding. Just follow Xx link above.

If you ever get a Soul y'all come back and see us now, ya hear :)

Reactions: Buzz and sube

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
^^^^^^ LMAO

Pat.

Reactions: GeoSoul

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a KIA Sorento 2011. Does anyone know where the Door Lock/Unlock Relay is located?

NOTE: :fatigue:I can unlock my electric doors but I cannot Lock the doors manually and remotely; I think its a relay, but I need to know where to located it.
I have the same problem with my 2011 kia sorento ... power doors all unlock but will not lock, key fob nor switch work to lock the doors

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
I had a Sorrento and never had a problem with it. Of course, I only had it for a couple of years. I also had a 71 Pacer and in the eight months I had it, it had more problems than any other car I have had except the two original Hyundai Excels I had in three years.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,475 Posts
I had a Sorrento and never had a problem with it. Of course, I only had it for a couple of years. I also had a 71 Pacer and in the eight months I had it, it had more problems than any other car I have had except the two original Hyundai Excels I had in three years.
My sis had a AMC Gremlin. V8 no less. Just getting the doors to close and latch was an issue. We kept a 5 gallon can of motor honey in the back hatch.

AMC stands for:
All Makes Combined
A Major Cost
A Mutated Car
A Morons Car
Another Major Catastrophe

from Funny Car Acronyms

·
Registered
2 Posts

How was this resolved

·
Registered
1 Posts
How was this resolved
the relays (i believe one for lock, the other for unlocking) are soldered onto the ecm. the ecm is located on the left side of the dash panel. i ordered two of them from ebay for about fifteen dollars. i think if you search ebay for kia sorento door lock relay they should come up. the ecm isnt too difficult to remove. after removing the ecm it needs to be opened up, carefully push the plastic tabs to do so. after its open you can remove the circuit board to locate the relays. they are the two white square ones in the photo. i hope this helps.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts