Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Kia Pickup Truck Previewed

6K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  GeoSoul 
#1 ·

Could a Kia pickup truck be in the cards?

With every automaker rapidly expanding its lineup of trucks and SUVs, it wouldn’t come as a surprise. Kia recently just expanded its off-road-capable lineup with the launch of the Telluride, a vehicle that has inspired this artists rendering.

With Kia’s sister-company Hyundai looking to get into the compact pickup segment with the Santa Cruz, Kia wouldn’t want to compete. Instead, it would move up-market and up in size, with Telluride-based mid-size pickup. Similar in design to the Honda Ridgeline or the previewed Volkswagen Tanoak concept, the Telluride pickup would be a unibody construction and feature the same all-wheel drive system as the SUV, with power defaulting to the front axle, but with the ability for an AWD lock at speeds under 40 mph.

More Pictures And Details Here: Kia Pickup Truck Previewed

See less See more
#5 ·
I like short bed pickups
Better turning radius (other than my wife's 2004 GMC Sonoma 4X4)
Better for Jeep trails
Can still haul water tank, firewood, trash, building supplies...although I will admit to having to backup about a tenth mile of Jeep trail to avoid losing a load of 8' long lumber.
View attachment 120119
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Pickup truck

Vehicle Car Transport Tree Automotive exterior

View attachment 120127
Vehicle door Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Auto part

#8 ·
Somewhere I have a picture of my 2013 soul, loaded with a dozen 8' long 2x4's.
Since I bought my 2020 Soul, I've already done the load of 2x4's bit. With a roof rack I could also do the 4x8 plywood trick.

Keep your pickups, I've got a Soul!

:cool:

#11 ·
It's just an image rendition from a 2 year old "wish it were true" enthusiast.

You won't find it in your dealers showroom.

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.