Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,723 Posts
Carmax has offered me $26,300 for mine. With prices as high as they are now, no thanks. Besides I like it and my puppers would miss her heated seat in the winter. She only weighs 7 lbs and gets cold easily. The ex has more options than any new vehicle I've owned. :)
I'd believe it Hammer. Just shopping around the NW here, local dealers are tacking on "Market Adjustments" that make the base starting price not even close to the $19,290 (plus destination).

2023 KiaSoul LX Hatchback
  • 29/35 mpg City/Hwy
  • 2L I4 DOHC Engine
  • IVT
  • Gravity Gray Exterior
  • Black Interior
  • Stock #: P7187252
(included options: floor mats)

MSRP $21,220
Market Adjustment $4,995
Price $26,215

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Dealers can't make money on volume, so they make it on marking up fewer vehicles. Unless you really need a vehicle it'd be a cold day in hell before I would pay any so called market adjustment for a vehicle. What I can't understand is why every new vehicle is being sold no matter how much it's marked up. In my opinion, we are heading for a bad recession. People start losing jobs , can't afford their 800.00 car payments. Self correcting problem.

·
Registered
495 Posts
People are crAZY paying 4-9k over sticker (out the door) for a Hyunkia product..... actually any vehicle manufacturer product of similar price values.

This Pandemic-stuff may create a new housing / moving cycle where folks begin to return to the large city areas, to get real close to their current jobs. Find work within a few miles of your home. At least not more than 10 miles away.

I'm talking folks in the real jobs market. Not fast food, low paying blue collar job markets like Uber, McDonals, Walmart clerk ...etc.... where folks stay for a year or two, then bolt. If you have a lifer type job, get close to it for living purposes. (For instance) I am eight miles from my 25 hour retirement-type job helping handicapped kids.

Reactions: JSmith

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
My local dealer has a 7900 markup sticker on window sticker on new Hyundai's
. I laughed at salesman and told them I would never purchase another vehicle from them. Three cars and out.
Smart fellow. Most people nowadays are dumber than a box of rocks. When it comes to car buying all they want to know is...how much is my payment going be. :mad: :sleep:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Smart fellow. Most people nowadays are dumber than a box of rocks. When it comes to car buying all they want to know is...how much is my payment going be. :mad: :sleep:
97 month car loans are a thing now, and that's what every salesman always asks me lately is how much were you wanting your monthly payment to be, rather than price range of what it actually costs. I prefer to always buy cash, but no dealers want cash these days, they make too much money from finance. I learned not to share that I don't want to finance until the end, and the finance guy acted like I just punched his youngest child in the face by having the audacity to say "no thank you". And just don't go in alone either, twice we had to correct "oopsie" mistakes on the price that wasn't what we negotiated, which they tried to slip in there at the end.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I read recently that Ford is reimagining another old truck of their’s into a similar package as the Maverick but I forget which— something from the 70’s. It may or may not be released in the US.
The Courier perhaps?

I was kinda disappointed when they announced the Maverick at first because it wasn't an update of the 70s Maverick. I really thought this new one was gonna be the Courier, not what the Ranger refresh should have been.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I would think the average payment now is at least over 6 to7 hundred a month for 72 to 84 months. And, yes dealers get kick backs from lenders. More profit for them.

·
Registered
2021 LX IVT
143 Posts
Carmax has offered me $26,300 for mine. With prices as high as they are now, no thanks. Besides I like it and my puppers would miss her heated seat in the winter. She only weighs 7 lbs and gets cold easily. The ex has more options than any new vehicle I've owned. :)
Is that Gravity Gray, sweet with those wheels. I just did a crazy trade: I realized that I need the tech pack (I'm old) which wasn't available on my '21 LX. My dealer oddly had a glut of 22's they apparently need to move quickly, which, with a $3000 forced dealer add-on package, was proving difficult. To get me into that LX he high-balled my trade-in (my '21 had 5000 miles 😃) so that I put nothing down, drove off with slightly lower payments (even though higher interest rate) essentially extending my loan a year. I found out the trade lowered my insurance too.
It's fun to refresh like this, as I just used my 2nd free oil service, renewed again, and they get the little scratches, windshield chips while I get all shiny new. I can live with the $185 loan payments, like leasing, forever... just GIVE ME NEW 😄

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,723 Posts
Kings Kia. Cincinnati, Ohio area.

Dang, it doesn't look like they have any new cars for sale. I don't care for dealers who won't let you see the windows stickers.

• Haha
Reactions: rajesh2708

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
You would have to be a fool to spend this much money for a car with that many miles. But some ding-a-ling will buy it. It’s incredible a new car dealer would even sell such a high mileage vehicle.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

• Wow
Reactions: GeoSoul

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Thought I'd ask - Do you know a Kia Dealer who still charges MSRP? Just asking it to the community.
Yes, where I bought mine. A small Kia dealer in Salem VA.
You would have to be a fool to spend this much money for a car with that many miles. But some ding-a-ling will buy it. It’s incredible a new car dealer would even sell such a high mileage vehicle.

View attachment 139971
Yeah, there's an azz for every seat. Morons. A sucker born every minute.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dang, it doesn't look like they have any new cars for sale. I don't care for dealers who won't let you see the windows stickers.
They are local to me. When I was looking the Soul I picked up from them was the only new car they had on the lot and it just happened to be exactly what I wanted. They mostly sell ordered vehicles and then a waiting list of people to contact once unsold units arrive now-a-days. 2 folks drove the Soul before me but were looking for a vehicle for their child. The turbo was not of interest to them as they deemed it "too fast". LOL. They had it for a week before I bought it.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts