Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kia No Longer Offers Warranties on their new cars

8K views 100 replies 21 participants last post by  Buzz 
#1 ·
Yesterday I learned from a dealer in Mesa Arizona that KIA no longer offers any warranties on their new vehicles. The dealer told me that because we live in Arizona that KIA will not warranty new cars here because of the heat and he told me that if I lived in Alaska KIA will not offer warranties because of the cold.

The dealer, Courtesy KIA in Mesa Arizona, advised us that KIA has implemented a new "no warranty policy"...I got up and walked out of the sales office and told them I was going back to Ford because they still offer 36000 or 36 months, KIA and Courtesy take your KIA's and put them where the sun don't shine.

#2 ·
Ummm.... you'll need to provide more documentation than what some person at a dealership said. Get real. That's like a tabloid headline.

#4 ·
The dealer was Courtesy Kia in Mesa, Arizona. We went to close on a new Kia Soul and the finance person advised us that "Kia no longer offers warranties". Contacted Kia upper management about this and they were vague in their response about their "new" warranty policies only telling me that we still offer warranties. That was it. No Tabloid Headline just telling the Forums what happened to me. We got up and walked out.

#3 ·
Your dealer is full of 💩

#50 ·
Reactions: rhysoul
#5 ·
#7 ·
You are correct. However if you read that "sticker" closely in little tiny, tiny, tiny print it will tell you that there are restrictions to the warranty. That is KIA's new "escape clause'" for those owners that live in hot or cold climates like any where in the US...read it and asked the Dealer...the dealer told me "call KIA"....

#15 ·
Lol, that’s the 5 year 60k mile basic warranty (bumper to bumper) that comes with every new Kia. The 10 year 100k is for the power train. Obviously there is some limitations to it. Like if you don’t maintain your car well or caused a problem, don’t expect them to warranty it when it breaks.

#20 ·
No Hammer I live in Arizona...and I also own a 2018 Kia Soul...that is why I went to buy another one. Got to the final step of the purchase when I was told that Kia changed their warranty policy by the dealer. He told us very clearly "KIA NO LONGER HAS A BUMPER TO BUMPER WARRANTY" and brought Kia's "ENVIRONMENTAL CLAUSE" that protects them from warranty repairs in locations where it is hot or cold. Remember this company is located in Korea...tell me where in the US that don't get hot or cold....please tell where that place is Hammer.

#24 ·
So, you bought an 18? Did it ever need warranty work? According to what you are telling us , Kia's warranty is invalid in Korea too. Cause it sho nuff gets cold 🥶 there in the winter. I guess Kia is making out like a fat cat, cause they don't have to honor the warranty. I'd be inclined to say you are related to that Kia dealership guy who told you that. Last cousins?
Reckon I'm gonna have to get rid of mine asap, before other people find out about not having a warranty. There's no sense continuing this conversation , cause I is just a dumb hillbilly who just don't know what he is talking about. Now if you'll excuse me , I gotta go change my drawers cause dey is wet wif pee from laughing so hard. I would say arrividirche if I knew how to spell it. Bye bye.

#22 ·
You are correct. However, Bud, what Kia , has done, as this dealer explained to me, was to establish this "environmental clause" to further exclude Kia from responsibility for air conditioning or heating warranties because in places that their vehicles are subjected to extended air conditioning use in hot climates, like Florida or Arizona or extended heater use in cold weather climates like Alaska or Minnesota or Montana or in the mountains of Colorado or Idaho or Washington.

Kia will invoke their new "environmental clause" because they will claim that because the vehicle was driven in "extreme" climates therefore their "limited warranty" is void because of "environmental reasons". Come on man read the warranty and read the law like I did.

#23 ·
One last thing "Bud"...I did not buy another Kia Soul yesterday. I think I will stay with what I know best and have had no problems getting my warranted vehicle repaired under the warranty. That is a US vehicle company like Ford, General Moters or any US automaker that I have bought vehicles from. So "Bud" stick with Kia and let me know how that works out for you. In addition, I will cite you several cases where the courts ruled against Kia's where they failed to honor their "Limited Warranties"....see Little v. Kia Motors America, Inc. and there a many more....

#26 ·
One last thing "Bud"...I did not buy another Kia Soul yesterday. I think I will stay with what I know best and have had no problems getting my warranted vehicle repaired under the warranty. That is a US vehicle company like Ford, General Moters or any US automaker that I have bought vehicles from. So "Bud" stick with Kia and let me know how that works out for you. In addition, I will cite you several cases where the courts ruled against Kia's where they failed to honor their "Limited Warranties"....see Little v. Kia Motors America, Inc. and there a many more....
So if that's the case WTF are you doing on this site? Providing a public service announcement? You sound like a total jackass. Nobody wants to hear your troll ass so why don't you take your ancient bones and your 19 posts over to a Ford, GM or other US automaker forum?

You might be old but if you expect anyone to believe Kia is going to deny people warranty coverage because they live in Arizona or Minnesota you just fell off the turnip truck.

#29 ·
What facts did you present? Your username says it all. You've had one snort too many. Wipe the cheetos crumbs off your mouth and go to bed, things will look better in the morning, even with a hang over. Tomorrow after you have sobered up , upload some of these "facts " you have presented. Oh, noes, I voided my warranty cause I used my ac today. 🆒 sure feels good when it's hot outside. ;)

#27 ·
Hey from one Jackass to another I don't provide "public service announcements" that is a government responsibility. All I am doing is telling people about my experience with a Kia dealer and my interaction with Kia USA motors. As far as being on this site report me and have them kick me off for telling the truth...you must be trying to sell one of these "non warranted vehicles"...good luck Mr. Martin.

#31 ·
I love it when I prove that I am more intelligent (smarter for you) and it hurts your feelings...go back to school and smarten up....by the way I don't drink, use drugs or eat Cheetos...all of those things are not good for me so enjoy your Cheeto casserole tonight...I'll keep on letting people know to be careful when buying a new Kia. Thanks for the professional feedback you have provided. Maybe Kia will give you a free oil change.

#38 · (Edited)
Why did you tell me to go to bed? It's only 8pm. I'm in Washington state (that cold place).

I followed the fine print from the dealership, Courtesy Kia, that says to go to the Kia Owners Portal, where I am a registered member, to see the details & limits of the Limited Warranties. This is the entire fine print text:

WARRANTY INFORMATION

10-year/100,000-mile limited powertrain warranty*

5-year/60,000-mile limited basic warranty

5-year/100,000-mile limited anti-perforation warranty

3-year/36,000-mile paint warranty

2-year/unlimited miles original equipment battery warranty

3-year/36,000-mile audio / entertainment warranty

Each provides coverage until either the yearly or total mileage figure is reached, whichever comes first.

This warranty program applies on vehicles manufactured from 2008 on.

Limited Basic Warranty
5 years or 60,000 miles (whichever comes first)
Limited Basic Warranty covers 60 months or 60,000 miles. Items covered by the Limited Basic Warranty Coverage include (couplings), seals, hub and wheel bearings. In the Transmission: Transmission case, transfer case, torque converter and all internal parts, seals, and gaskets. In the Differentials: Front and rear differential assemblies, cases, all internal parts, seals and gaskets. In the Propeller Shafts: Drive shafts, universal joints.

Limited Powertrain Warranty Coverage*
10 years or 100,000 miles (whichever comes first)
Limited Powertrain Warranty begins upon expiration of the 60 months or 60,000 miles Basic Limited Warranty Coverage, and will continue to cover the following components up to 120 months or 100,000 miles. Items covered by the Limited Powertrain Warranty Coverage include in the Engine: Cylinder block, cylinder head and all internal parts, timing gear, seals and gaskets, valve cover, flywheel, oil pump, and water pump. In the Transmission: transmission case and all internal parts, torque converter, drive shafts, universal joints, front hubs, bearings, seals, and gaskets. In the Axles: Axle shafts and C-V joints.

Limited Anti-Perforation Warranty
5 years or 100,000 miles (whichever comes first)
Paint Warranty
3 years or 36,000 miles (whichever comes first)
Original Equipment Battery Warranty
2 years or unlimited miles (whichever comes first)
Audio / Entertainment Warranty
3 years or 36,000 miles

That's the entire fine print. Nothing about zip codes where "escape clauses" kick in.

That's the best real world documentation I can provide. Do you have anything more on "Kia no longer offers warranties on their new cars?"

Reactions: nick1946
#37 ·
One last thing you tell me that my case citation Little v. Kia Motors America, Inc is a 20 year old case...well so is Brown v. Board of Education (1954), Roe v. Wade (1973), Terry v. Ohio, Miranda v. Arizona (1966), Loving v. Virginia, Dred Scott v. Sandford (1857), Mapp v. Ohio (1961), NY Times v. Sullivan (1964), Texas v. Johnson (1989), US v. Nixon (1974), Plessy v. Ferguson (1896)....shall I go on? One last thing just because a case is old does not make it relevant but I am sure you know that>.

#44 ·
I think the OP was just misled as to what is covered and what isn't by a poor, uninformed salesperson. The 10/100 drivetrain warranty applies to any climate as does the 5/60 warranty on all components. The things that all manufacturer's exclude are sun damage to the paint or dash, leather cracking from extreme cold etc.... I have been in this industry for some time and I can 1000% promise that Kia warranty by far covers the most and they are also very good to work with and cover things beyond warranty unlike any other manufacturer.

#52 · (Edited)
It would seem that this discussion has escalated well beyond its actual informative value.

It would seem that the the finance guy at the dealership was most likely overzealously trying to sell the OP an extended warranty—which typically is a huge profit maker for the dealership (also for retail establishments—one now defunct sporting goods store offered extended warranties on socks)—and companies like Apple).

Car salesmen do not push the extended warranties, prepaid service, undercoating, dog polishing, fabric protection, paint protection, etc—it is the finance guy, your last obstacle before you can take the keys and drive off. A famous former First Lady encouraged people to “just say no” and keep saying no to all of the add ones that the finance guy is foisting on us!

The finance person most likely bent the truth (or may not have spoken the truth) to get you to drop a couple thousand bucks on the extended warranty. The OP may have misinterpreted the finance guy’s spin doctoring.

The OP was wise to walk away. Since the dealership management probably is aware of the finance guys tactics it would be wise to avoid dealing with them for service as well—sleaziness begets sleaziness.

The OP may want to write a written letter to KIA corporate just reporting the facts (including the dealerships and finance managers names) and that the OP will most likely avoid purchasing KIA or Hyundai products in the future as a result. Be interesting to see what the response will be.

#57 ·
It would seem that this discussion has escalated well beyond its actual informative value.

It would seem that the the finance guy at the dealership was most likely overzealously trying to sell the OP an extended warranty—which typically is a huge profit maker for the dealership (also for retail establishments—one now defunct sporting goods store offered extended warranties on socks)—and companies like Apple).

Car salesmen do not push the extended warranties, prepaid service, undercoating, dog polishing, fabric protection, paint protection, etc—it is the finance guy, your last obstacle before you can take the keys and drive off. A famous former First Lady encouraged people to “just say no” and keep saying no to all of the add ones that the finance guy is foisting on us!

The finance person most likely bent the truth (or may not have spoken the truth) to get you to drop a couple thousand bucks on the extended warranty. The OP may have misinterpreted the finance guy’s spin doctoring.

The OP was wise to walk away. Since the dealership management probably is aware of the finance guys tactics it would be wise to avoid dealing with them for service as well—sleaziness begets sleaziness.

The OP may want to write a written letter to KIA corporate just reporting the facts (including the dealerships and finance managers names) and that the OP will most likely avoid purchasing KIA or Hyundai products in the future as a result. Be interesting to see what the response will be.
Tell the dealer, in todays economy and new car market the dealer has the upper hand. They can lie steal and cheat ever customer that comes in and, in this case, Kia turns their head and says "don't see nothing". However, this market will turn around and then people like me will remember dealers like Courtesy Kia in Mesa Arizona and what they did to customers. Then I hope they go out of business.

Kick me off of this silly site I could care less. This site is nothing but a bunch of Kia employees singing the praise of Kia and their lying dealers. Kick me off who cares you morons

#60 ·
We also bought a 2018 Soul from Horne...Horne and their service departments are horrible. With the bad experience at Horne, we thought we would try Courtesy Kia in Mesa...what we found were flim-flam artists, con men and women and outright scammers. We will keep our 2018 Soul but we will never buy another Kia product as long as we live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.