Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I learned from a dealer in Mesa Arizona that KIA no longer offers any warranties on their new vehicles. The dealer told me that because we live in Arizona that KIA will not warranty new cars here because of the heat and he told me that if I lived in Alaska KIA will not offer warranties because of the cold.

The dealer, Courtesy KIA in Mesa Arizona, advised us that KIA has implemented a new "no warranty policy"...I got up and walked out of the sales office and told them I was going back to Ford because they still offer 36000 or 36 months, KIA and Courtesy take your KIA's and put them where the sun don't shine.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,461 Posts
Yesterday I learned from a dealer in Mesa Arizona that KIA no longer offers any warranties on their new vehicles. The dealer told me that because we live in Arizona that KIA will not warranty new cars here because of the heat and he told me that if I lived in Alaska KIA will not offer warranties because of the cold.

The dealer, Courtesy KIA in Mesa Arizona, advised us that KIA has implemented a new "no warranty policy"...I got up and walked out of the sales office and told them I was going back to Ford because they still offer 36000 or 36 months, KIA and Courtesy take your KIA's and put them where the sun don't shine.
Ummm.... you'll need to provide more documentation than what some person at a dealership said. Get real. That's like a tabloid headline.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Your dealer is full of 💩

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ummm.... you'll need to provide more documentation than what some person at a dealership said. Get real. That's like a tabloid headline.
The dealer was Courtesy Kia in Mesa, Arizona. We went to close on a new Kia Soul and the finance person advised us that "Kia no longer offers warranties". Contacted Kia upper management about this and they were vague in their response about their "new" warranty policies only telling me that we still offer warranties. That was it. No Tabloid Headline just telling the Forums what happened to me. We got up and walked out.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
The dealer was Courtesy Kia in Mesa, Arizona. We went to close on a new Kia Soul and the finance person advised us that "Kia no longer offers warranties". Contacted Kia upper management about this and they were vague in their response about their "new" warranty policies only telling me that we still offer warranties. That was it. No Tabloid Headline just telling the Forums what happened to me. We got up and walked out.
You should know that KIA Corporation offers the warranty. Dealers only "offer" 3rd party extended warranties.

Like ryhsoul said, it's printed right on the window sticker.

Your headline that KIA NO LONGER OFFERS WARRANTIES ON THEIR NEW CARS is simply not true. A finance person and a vague response isn't proof of your headline. I realize you are just "sharing" what happened to you. You can see how easy it is to mislead & miscommunicate with people.

https://www.courtesykia.com/every-n...ited-warranty-to-provide-enhanced-protection/
Rectangle Automotive exterior Water Font Gesture

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right on the window sticker on a Soul for sale at Courtesy Kia shows the warranty.

But just as well you don’t buy from them. They’re charging a $2000 dealer mark up and almost $1400 of BS dealer addons.

You are correct. However if you read that "sticker" closely in little tiny, tiny, tiny print it will tell you that there are restrictions to the warranty. That is KIA's new "escape clause'" for those owners that live in hot or cold climates like any where in the US...read it and asked the Dealer...the dealer told me "call KIA"....

·
Registered
35 Posts

That's a total crock! You were right about one thing, run don't walk away from that dealer!

·
Registered
35 Posts
You are correct. However if you read that "sticker" closely in little tiny, tiny, tiny print it will tell you that there are restrictions to the warranty. That is KIA's new "escape clause'" for those owners that live in hot or cold climates like any where in the US...read it and asked the Dealer...the dealer told me "call KIA"....
By all means, please point out this "tiny print disclaimer", it must be so small as to be invisible.
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
I guess Courtesy Kia doesn't know this is on their website??
WARRANTY
Coverage for your Kia.
We believe in the outstanding quality and durability of every new Kia that rolls off the assembly line. Let our confidence be yours with our industry-leading Kia 10-year/100,000-mile warranty program.
The Kia 10-year/100,000 mile warranty program* consists of:
• 10-year/100,000 mile limited powertrain warranty
• 5-year/60,000 mile limited basic warranty
• 5-year/100,000 mile limited anti-perforation warranty
• 5-year/60,000 mile roadside assistance plan
• The warranty program applies to 2008 and newer Kia vehicles. Each warranty provides coverage until the year or mile total is reached, whichever comes first.
Coverage limitations.
The Kia 10-year/100,000-mile warranty program* consists of various limited warranties, including limited basic, limited powertrain, and limited anti-perforation warranties, plus a roadside assistance and trip interruption program. Please download complete details of The Kia 10-year/100,000 warranty program.
For detailed Warranty and Consumer Information please login to Owner’s Portal and navigate to Maintenance page.
Posted in Courtesy Kia, Courtesy Kia News, Mesa Kia Dealer, Phoenix Kia Dealer

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
By all means, please point out this "tiny print disclaimer", it must be so small as to be invisible.
View attachment 139506
It's right there before you very eyes...."5 YEAR 60,000 LIMITED BASIC WARRANTY"...that is what this dealer told me is why Kia can claim their "escape clause". If you look at that warranty in detail you will see that the warranty does not cover "environmental effects on the parts" like the dealer told us the heat in Arizona or the cold in Alaska are considered "environmental effect" that gives Kia the right to refuse warranty work. So, Hammerhead, like the dealer told us because we live in Arizona Kia will not cover any issues to their vehicles because of the "heat". Read the full warranty "Hammer Boy"

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Lol, that’s the 5 year 60k mile basic warranty (bumper to bumper) that comes with every new Kia. The 10 year 100k is for the power train. Obviously there is some limitations to it. Like if you don’t maintain your car well or caused a problem, don’t expect them to warranty it when it breaks.

·
Registered
850 Posts
It's right there before you very eyes...."5 YEAR 60,000 LIMITED BASIC WARRANTY"...that is what this dealer told me is why Kia can claim their "escape clause". If you look at that warranty in detail you will see that the warranty does not cover "environmental effects on the parts" like the dealer told us the heat in Arizona or the cold in Alaska are considered "environmental effect" that gives Kia the right to refuse warranty work. So, Hammerhead, like the dealer told us because we live in Arizona Kia will not cover any issues to their vehicles because of the "heat". Read the full warranty "Hammer Boy"
If you look at any manufacturers warranty, it says limited. Environmental effects would include dust , rain , buzzard poop, tree leaves. Endless possibilities. Thanks for calling me boy, I'm old and it's a complement to be called boy. :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lol, that’s the 5 year 60k mile basic warranty (bumper to bumper) that comes with every new Kia. The 10 year 100k is for the power train. Obviously there is some limitations to it. Like if you don’t maintain your car well, don’t expect them to warranty it when it breaks.
Or if you live in a hot place or a cold place that allows Kia to claim their "Environmental Clause". Like the dealer told me yesterday Kia will not "warranty air conditioning" if you live in a place like Arizona and they will not "warranty heating systems" if you live in a cold place like Alaska....read the environmental clause before you LOL Clown Boy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you look at any manufacturers warranty, it says limited. Environmental effects would include dust , rain , buzzard poop, tree leaves. Endless possibilities. Thanks for calling me boy, I'm old and it's a complement to be called boy. :p
I'm old also but just because you are old don't mean you don't have the mentality of a little BOY.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No Hammer I live in Arizona...and I also own a 2018 Kia Soul...that is why I went to buy another one. Got to the final step of the purchase when I was told that Kia changed their warranty policy by the dealer. He told us very clearly "KIA NO LONGER HAS A BUMPER TO BUMPER WARRANTY" and brought Kia's "ENVIRONMENTAL CLAUSE" that protects them from warranty repairs in locations where it is hot or cold. Remember this company is located in Korea...tell me where in the US that don't get hot or cold....please tell where that place is Hammer.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.