Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok we got approved for 0.0% financing on our soul.. SO what are your experiences with Kia Financing, good, bad, ugly?

We pull the trigger on this Saturday.. so let me know.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was going to pay cash for my Soul. Upon handing the finace man the check, he paused and asked, "why are you giving me this"? Of course, puzzled, I responded by saying, "to pay for the car!"
He then suggested for me to keep my money in the bank and take the KIA 0% 36 month financing and let my money earn in the bank. So my money just stays in the bank and I simply have it drafted out to pay KIA the next 36 months. Sounded like a great idea to me. So, that is what I did.
Some people don't get it and say it makes the payment too big. It's the same difference. Your money stays in the bank and you use KIA's money for free.
With that in mind, I don't have a problem with KIA finance at all. I wish you luck. Phillip

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great , just looking for peoples opinions, if they have had any issues with them or not...

Our local bank, whom I like and would love to give them the business.. offered 7.9.. sorry if they were 3.0 or something better I may just do it to support the local economy , but yeah, free money.. why not.. it will save me a few grand in interest.

Were only financing about 10.5k so 3 years makes the payments pretty small.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I financed part of my Soul through Kia. It was the fastest loan approval I have ever had. I would say from the time I went and said 'That one's mine' it about an hour and a half to complete the process including the delivery (where someone goes over how to work everything in the car, and help you pair your phone, etc.). Kia sends me a payment coupon every month well in advance of the due date. I like that much better than a coupon book. I won't forget a payment by accident! The only down side was them pushing the extended warranty. I hate being pushed.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hello From Florida

I also went with Kia financing , very easy quick in about 5 min my rate was 2.9 back in may could have got 0% for 3 years with higher payment no extended warranty or anything at my dealer ~~~ good luck :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
I financed part of my Soul through Kia. It was the fastest loan approval I have ever had. I would say from the time I went and said 'That one's mine' it about an hour and a half to complete the process including the delivery (where someone goes over how to work everything in the car, and help you pair your phone, etc.). Kia sends me a payment coupon every month well in advance of the due date. I like that much better than a coupon book. I won't forget a payment by accident! The only down side was them pushing the extended warranty. I hate being pushed.
Are you REQUIRED to use the COUPONS? Won't they accept payments directly from your bank (i.e., via online banking), with your loan account number on the payment? Is that the fine print where they try to snag you?:confused:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Boston Driver - I don't know if they will do auto payments from my bank. I haven't asked. It wasn't mentioned at the time I signed the paperwork, but that doesn't mean I couldn't ask Kia Financing directly. :)

·
Banned
288 Posts
Are you REQUIRED to use the COUPONS? Won't they accept payments directly from your bank (i.e., via online banking), with your loan account number on the payment? Is that the fine print where they try to snag you?:confused:
I don't think they can prevent you from using online banking to pay the loan. My mom has something similar with GMAC, they send her a bill every month but she pays it via online banking and she's had no problems. It's also what I plan to do.

The only thing you have to do is make sure all the information is correct online.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I pay all my bills from an automatic payment service. Some are electronic transfers, some are paper checks that the service mails out. This includes revolving credit accounts, day care, mortgage, utilities, etc. No one, and I mean NO ONE, has complained about receiving thier money in any form. My mortgage company sends me a bill every month with a coupon attached but have never had an issue with my methodology.

Bottom line - if they get what they are owed in a timely fashion they have no reason to complain. And likely no grounds to force you to do otherwise.

·
Registered
16 Posts
there is really nothing to think about with the 0% financing. I'm basically making 1% keeping my money in the bank. BTW, Kia financing is the same with any other bank. If you don't pay the loan, the repo guy will be knocking at your door.

I took the 0% financing and that was one of the biggest sellers right now.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there is really nothing to think about with the 0% financing. I'm basically making 1% keeping my money in the bank. BTW, Kia financing is the same with any other bank. If you don't pay the loan, the repo guy will be knocking at your door.

I took the 0% financing and that was one of the biggest sellers right now.
What, there are banks that let you not pay the loan and keep the car? Where? :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Kia and Hyundai financing (they're almost the same company, even send out letters using each others letterhead - oops!) are both excellent companies to deal with in my experience. They're a little sticky on wanting to receive their payments either via a check or via their online service through Chase (which will charge you unless you set up monthly reoccurring payments), but you can readily set up an outside payment source and be done with it. They "prefer" you use their options, but it hasn't stopped me from paying via online services to them without the remittance slip.

Their rate was excellent by comparison - and sadly, I bought a bit too early to get the 0%, but they easily dropped me into their lowest 2.9% at the time. The best rate I could find elsewhere hovered right around 9%.

Finance guy had to poke the home office a few times for the deal to go through, because I was there late in the day, but it was still faster than I ever expected at 7:30pm on a Monday.

Good luck with your buying today!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts