Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got laid off today thanks to the covid 19 so I have been trying to get a hold of Kia finance to see if they can defier my payments call and go through the steps then press 0 and they hang up instantly tried 30 times same thing over and over hopefully when I get in contact with them they can defier a couple of payments

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,611 Posts
Sorry to hear about your job Fiesta. There may be some cash relief if the Senate can get an agreement tonight.

I'd also check with your State & City to see if they are offering any other forms of relief.

All the best.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear about your job Fiesta. There may be some cash relief if the Senate can get an agreement tonight.

I'd also check with your State & City to see if they are offering any other forms of relief.

All the best.
Thank you geo soul I'll be fine just need to get a hold of Kia finance

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,611 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I don't think they are taking your car anytime soon, so have patience, you're gonna need it. Call them in a few days and probably first thing in the morning.

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,536 Posts
Thank you geo soul I'll be fine just need to get a hold of Kia finance
Good luck with getting ANY answer or response from KIA.
I paid my Soul off Feb. 28, contacted KIA Motors Finance through their website for a question about the title, and never got any response. Well, once or twice they said due to technical difficulties my message didn't go through.
I sent nastygram after nastygram in all caps and FINALLY got a response from Hyundai Finance blah blah your title should be mailed within 10 business days of payoff.

I have a few issues with KIA Finance. For one, I don't know how difficult it is to plug in a program that sends you a "Thank You for doing business with us, your loan is now paid off!" message but I doubt that's very high up on the scale of difficulties. Just common courtesy. But that's apparently not important to them.

I also phoned their useless number, I was on hold for 18 minutes once and I saw where that was going. I don't have hours to waste trying to contact people who technically work for me. I called a couple more times and got the same please hold, your call is very important to us which it obviously was not.
It's clear to me nobody in the KIA Finance system gives a damn, or is competent or conscientious for that matter.

I called the state DMV and asked how I get a title since the title holder is useless, and they said contact the local Common Pleas Court. The guy there was very knowledgeable, polite. and helpful. He said come in (once everyone comes back to work), show us your DL, the loan is already off the books here and they will issue a title. That's Ohio, your experience may vary.

Regarding your loan, I'd contact my US senator or rep, or my governor's office to get some guidance and direction. From the other comments I saw in the thread about KIA Finance, it appears KMF is not heavy on giving a damn. Never again.

·
Premium Member
2,536 Posts
People completely lost their minds if they think contacting a senator is a way to go to resolve your "too long on hold" situation. I bet they give less Fs than KMF.
Actually senate have lots of staff and they can point you in a direction. Not saying they solve all problems or that they give a hoot. They're there to do a job, their staff is there to do a job.
I've contacted senate or rep offices many times over the years and rarely got blown off.

As the post below notes, and my post explains, my solution was to call the DMV. The solution is definitely NOT at KMF.

DMV (BMV here, actually) directed me to the local Common Pleas Court, who explained exactly how to get my title. Once the office is manned again.

That could be on the DMV/Title bureaus end.
That's where to start. Your state may vary.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Very frustrating company to deal with. You can try Kia Consumer Affairs but they will probably tell you that you will have to deal with Kia Finance. In my experience with Kia Finance, when you are having a problem, there is nobody to contact to get it taken care of and it seems like they could care less. The fact that a company has a process like this in place for dealing with customers in this day and age is ridiculous and it speaks for itself.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Good to know there are so many issues with KIA Finance. It makes me happier to know that I'm refinancing it with my credit union. What's been described here is inexcusable for a finance company.

·
Premium Member
2,536 Posts
I've never had this issue with KIA, or anyone else, before. Probably some new Whiz Kid in charge of KIA Chaos Finance who effed everything up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts