Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Soul + here, about to travel CT to AZ and back, loaded with gear. Thinking of getting the official Kia rails and rack (Yakima). Wondering if anyone here actually owns these on a Gen II and can give feedback?

Need lockable because we'll be overnight parked at hotels several nights each way. Good storage capacity would be nice. Not going bankrupt would help. I can't find a price on the Kia site - maybe I need to go to the build page.

I looked at all the threads on racks I could find on the forum - couldn't find an answer. Might have missed the right thread,

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
There is more than one option here. The OEM rails fit crossways and there is no forward to rear rails. The mounting points are under some plastic caps on the roof liner, easy install. You can get this from looking at KIA.com but there may be aftermarket that can be had from Amazon or Ebay. Also, there are aftermarket rails sold by SSD (google ssd performance), they are a member here. These mount to the same points as the OEM crossrails but you will need to get the cross rails from SSD, which they also sell. As for the cargo carrier, there are lots of options but beware that the roof rails will cost you MPG is not done right.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have the OE racks for the Gen 2 without sun roof.They do have little locked by key doors over the bolts.Check youtube for an install video.Just make sure they are installed properly, and they are dead silent.They are rated at 165lbs,IIRC.I haven't used them yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts