Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do any of you have Issue #1 Of the KIA Driver Magazine?
I think that this magazine is only available in Canada.

Issue #1 is called "Here comes the Future" which features the "All new 2010 Soul".

I was able to contact someone at KIA Canada and they sent me one of their last copies. :eek:

I already have issue #2 (got it at the AutoShow last year)

Don't know how many issues are out but would like to get a subscription...if it exists. Kia Canada never told me if I could subscribe to it.... :confused:

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
I, also got issue #2 at the Toronto Auto Show last February, maybe I'll get another when I attend the show this year.
At the Kia booth you got VIP treatment in their upper lounge if you owned a Kia, wonder if it will be the same this time?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already asked the folks of the AutoShow on Facebook if KIA was going to have a lounge again this year, but they didn't know. They said for me to go check it out. I've never missed the Autoshow for the last 22 years. Of course I'm going to go....Friday, opening day. Last year's show, I didn't have my Soul yet so i couldn't go into their lounge but I sat in the SX Soul on display for a good hour, not letting anyone sit in the driver's seat. Power was on and the stereo was blaring. I wasn't moving.....:D

I, also got issue #2 at the Toronto Auto Show last February, maybe I'll get another when I attend the show this year.
At the Kia booth you got VIP treatment in their upper lounge if you owned a Kia, wonder if it will be the same this time?

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
shot of the Kia display from the VIP balcony from the 2010 Toronto Auto Show

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm planning to duplicate your pic this year from the KIA Cafe...;)

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I can't believe it is Auto show time already. Feels like we just had it. Time flies. I haven't gone for a few years but probably will this year.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Is that like the Open Road magazine we got in the US or something different? If it is the same all you have to do is register on KGIS and you will be subscribed.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rodney, is "Open Road Magazine" strictly featuring KIA automobiles?
The KIA Driver is strictly KIA autos and such.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Yes that is exactly what Open Road is. The last issue had an article of the soul meet that had the designer of the Soul and mentioned Soulhamsters.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kewl..
How many pages approx. is the mag?
From what I can remember, the KIA Driver magazine is about 50 to 100 pages. I'll be able to tell when I get home later today...

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
It's a Magazine specifically for the auto shows, the first one had a soul on it the second one had a Sorento on it, and there isnt a new one for this year, there is an all line brochure but it is different than the previous Kia Driver Magazine.

Cheers,
Rob

P.S. If anyone is going to the Autoshow on the 23rd I will be working the floor from 10-4.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Strictly for the AutoShow... mmmm
Kia is sending me Issue #1 which features the Soul and I already have Issue # 2 which features the Sorento...so does that mean I have the complete set?

What goodies are in store for this year's AutoShow Rob? Is the KIA Lounge still going to be there this year?

Too bad you're not going this Friday. I would have met you there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
kia magazine

Marc, who did you contact to get the first issue of the magazine? Is it even still available? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sam, I contacted KIA Canada. But they never replied to me. I also contacted the designers of the Cover of the magazine and asked them if they had a spare copy..that I would even pay for it. These guys (gal actually) responded to me immediately. They told me that they will look to see if they had an extra copy but that I should contact KIA Canada. A day later, another response from the Cover designers telling me they didn't have anymore. I told her that I had already contacted KIA Canada but to No avail. She told me that she would call them on my behalf. The following day, lo and behold..KIA Canada contacted me via email. They asked for my mailing address. After responding with my mailing addy, they responded back saying that a copy was in the mail. Thias was 2 days ago and I have not received it yet. Should be here tonight or by the end of the week.

BTW, Issue # 2 (the one with te Sorento on the cover) is 51 pages thick.....

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got my magazine from KIA Canada the other day. Nice... 50 + pages

I also got a reply to my question to KIA Canada this morning:

"Dear Marc,

Thank you for contacting Kia Canada.

Unfortunally, there is no subscription for the Kia Driver magazine. It is special issue that was done for the Autoshow.

Thank you for taking the time to communicate with us.

Sincerely, "

1 - 20 of 37 Posts