Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had the problem with my new soul, 1250 miles on it the airbag light went on. The dealer fixed it and I got a 50 $ credit card in the mail from Kia for the trouble. How about that!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Took a satisfaction survey after purchase of my Soul+ and rec'vd a (VISA) prepaid debit card for $20 last week ~ s'alright!

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Yeah i got a £50 voucher as a sorry when they added an extra 2 years to the warranty 2 weeks after i got mine and didnt tell me (i could have waited!!!!).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Geez my 2012 kia's been in the shop for 3ish weeks now... dealer is dodging WTF is happening questions and KIA wont reply..wonder what i'll get a new car? 1 week left til lemon law.... sucks i really enjoyed driving the soul 4,500miles 2012 soul lasted 3 months til the tranny locked in 4th gear and almost killed myself and my family 3 times.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Geez my 2012 kia's been in the shop for 3ish weeks now... dealer is dodging WTF is happening questions and KIA wont reply..wonder what i'll get a new car? 1 week left til lemon law.... sucks i really enjoyed driving the soul 4,500miles 2012 soul lasted 3 months til the tranny locked in 4th gear and almost killed myself and my family 3 times.
As they say in Paris. Bumwah!

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
It's cool that they send out gift card to people. They also sent out keychains and water bottles to some people. Then there is Open Road magazine that most people get. I still have yet to even get a survey from them. Even Charlie Brown is doing better, he got a rock.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So - 34 days in the shop they added 500 miles, replaced my toque converter, tranny, TCM, 46 hours of labor total - Got my soul back seems to be working fine i didnt want to update you all tili test drove it for at least 1200 miles,

Kia offered me goodwill offer years 105,000 miles Free oil change/tire rotations - or $700.00 cash for my trouble. i took the oilchange/tire rotation better offer for me right now.

Jeffkics not sure where to find the transmission type- but i have a 2012 Kia soul + 2.0L with the Eco button. if that helps. transmission died @ 4500 miles- now has 6900miles on it. i do have to say KIA was a nightmare to deal with and not very helpful at any part of this, every day i called the dealership and the Regional Parts manager trying ot find out WTF is happening, both people told me dif stories. one would say "transmission is blown new one is being shipped in from Los Angelos should be 10 days" then the next day " oh the order of the tranmission was not approved. " then the regional Rep from Kia told me "we don't know whats wrong with you car if anything is wrong at all" that was day 29 .... needless to say i contacted a lawyer at that point spoke with him about the lemon law and what have you, then day 31 got a call from the regional rep- "we got a check engine light again on your transmission we're going to just replace it"

In the end they replaced the above parts PER the work order.

KIA = BAD TO DEAL WITH , end result i'm somewhat happy..somewhat burnt a bit on the car due to the problem.

Also forgot to mention- i drove it into the dealership stuck in 4th gear...which is the computers" limp mode" i later found out. - and had 1/2 tank gas when i dropped it off picked it up with enough gas to get me off the lot onto highway before fuel light went on! you'd think a dealer after having your car for 34 days would take care of you and maybe top it off or put it where it was just out of respect....

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
sorry to hear of your problem Greenfire, hope things are well now.

The trans-axle type on the 2012 Soul is M6CF-1 for the manual 1.6L and A6GF-1 for the auto; the 2.0L manual is M6CF3-1 and auto is A6MF-1.
The 2.0L trans-axle was introduced last year in the 2011 Forte, so its not brand new for 2012.

·
Registered
22 Posts
yes i had a loaner, went through a bunch while i waited for a comfortable gas efficient one though..3 mini vans a dodge caliber and a Chevy HHR.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Wow,that's what some guy said his '12 did at 7,000 miles. Just 1,I'm not worried,but now 2 doing the same thing is a bit hmmm.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
Wow,that's what some guy said his '12 did at 7,000 miles. Just 1,I'm not worried,but now 2 doing the same thing is a bit hmmm.
whoa, we have epidemic here 2 out of 10,000 a month! ;)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey,cw,I know it's a miniscule %,but,how many of us have over 7,000 miles on our '12s? Let's hope that the 2 cases are flukes &/or if there's a problem brewing,that Kia indentifies it early & has a simple fix.
I'm not worried about Kia fixing the problem,but the o p & the man I talked to says the sudden shift to 4 from 6 at 60+ mph WILL get your attention,& could certainly cause a serious accident under the wrong condtions-night,raining,curves w/trucks around you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey,cw,I know it's a miniscule %,but,how many of us have over 7,000 miles on our '12s? Let's hope that the 2 cases are flukes &/or if there's a problem brewing,that Kia indentifies it early & has a simple fix.
I'm not worried about Kia fixing the problem,but the o p & the man I talked to says the sudden shift to 4 from 6 at 60+ mph WILL get your attention,& could certainly cause a serious accident under the wrong condtions-night,raining,curves w/trucks around you.
I almost had a serious accident X3 lol one of which made me decide i was not driving the KIA until the dealer drove it 400+ miles on the highway to determine it would not happen to me again. i slammed into 4th at 65 in rush hour traffic up here it's almost bumper to bumper, i almost got hit by 3 cars and as i was going into the breakdown lane almost got hit by another in the breakdown lane that the idiot was going around me. LOL --

Side note - dealership gave me a hint when i picked up my car, not sure if it's more of a "i wanna make this guy feel better" or real tip, Kia is investigating this issue for a recall unsure how true it was but just keep your guy's eyes open for one if you get it get it fixed ASAP few things that sucks going from 65 to 40 instantly slams you like you hit a brick wall it hurts, if your not wearing your seatbelt plan on riding the glass. even at 40 your still up near 4-5k RPMS 4th gear is 25-35ish MPH my lower back got pulled pretty hard even with the seatbelt a few times and i had some back pain nothing a massage didn't take care of but still. sucked.

One thing i should note- if you car jams into 4th pull over- shut down the car, turn it back on, it will shift normally again for a short time this can get you off the highway or to your house nicely...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts