Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I just purchased a 2014 Soul Exclaim. Dealer only had one key. I'd like to get the fobs off of Ebay to save some money. Can anyone tell me if the 2014 Soul Exclaim has standard factory keyless entry? And if so - any advice on ordering off of Ebay? Thanks!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome.

Question... does your Soul have push button start? I'm thinking it does. If so, you're in for an expensive replacement. The key fob also includes a cut key for emergency backup use of the door lock, as well. You'd have to check with a dealer to see if they can order/cut just they key blade part. If they're willing, you should be able to buy a fob from eBay for programming. Either way, I'd see how willing your Kia dealer will be with assisting you with bring-your-own parts.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
go back to the dealer and ask them for the other key, all Soul's come standard with two keys.

What exactly do you mean by "standard factory keyless entry" - as was just asked which type of keyless entry do you have - flip-key or smart key?

·
Registered
564 Posts
go back to the dealer and ask them for the other key, all Soul's come standard with two keys.

The OP bought the car used. Sure new the car came with 2 keys, but that means nothing now.
The person that traded in/sold them the car must have had only one key/transmitter to give them. If the dealership he bought it from was going to pay for a new key/transmitter, that would have to talked about BEFORE he bought it. They could have also bought that car from a car auction. no recourse there at all.
OP let me have the last 8 of your vin#, and I'll see what I can do in getting you a new key and transmitter at a nice discount. The transmitter will need to be programed after you get it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right, right and right. The dealer selling me the used Soul didn't tell me up front that no fobs were present, only one standard cut key. I would have negotiated the fobs into the deal. I was very upset. I don't have the push start so I am not sure me Soul is really an exclaim, though it has most other features listed on the exclaim. (no push button start, no sunroof, and no power driver seat). The salesman told me to go to eBay and get fobs, and bring them in for programming. He said the dealer fobs are very expensive, but they would program fobs for me if I brought them in. He knew I was very hot about the fobs as this should have been disclosed up front. Last 8 on the vin if that helps: E7023107. Just trying to determine if and which fobs to buy so that they work! Thanks!

·
Registered
15,164 Posts
numbercruncher88 - just so you know Cobra259 is a KIA parts guy so he knows his stuff and offers discounts to many members and will ship anywhere in the US.

Push-button start with smart key is in one of the optional packages both for the Plus and Exclaim model, same with the panoramic sunroof. Power drivers seat is standard on the Exclaim for 2014 so maybe you have a Plus model, Cobra259 will be able to confirm this for you. 17" rims are standard on the Plus and 18" on the Exclaim, but you can't always go off this on used as people can switch these out.

Sounds like you should have done a bit of research prior to purchase so you know how the vehicles are normally equipped so you know what to expect. :sneakiness:

·
Registered
15,164 Posts
you posted that while I was working my last reply to didn't see it till I posted it - now that helps :sneakiness:. That is a 2014 Red Zone Special Edition Package which was only available on the Plus model in 2014, so it isn't an Exclaim model.

It was a $3100 package at the time and required the $1400 audio package.
The Red Zone SE package consisted of:
- unique front, rear and side body kit
- red accented front grille
- unique 18" alloys (not as much red as shown in your photo but like my avatar)
- rear spoiler
- projector headlights wit unique tube-type LED positioning lights and LED taillights
- sporty red interior trim accents
- unique floor mats with black accents
- sport pedals

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everybody! I appreciate all the info. And yes, didn't do my research. Just liked the car and went forward with it. And now I also see I didn't get the special floor carpets. Those were missing. Great to have this forum to learn about the car. Very interesting. Thanks!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Thanks everybody! I appreciate all the info. And yes, didn't do my research. Just liked the car and went forward with it. And now I also see I didn't get the special floor carpets. Those were missing. Great to have this forum to learn about the car. Very interesting. Thanks!
I have a spare set of Red Zone carpeted floor mats, make me an offer. They were used for a week or two them removed.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Right, right and right. The dealer selling me the used Soul didn't tell me up front that no fobs were present, only one standard cut key. I would have negotiated the fobs into the deal. I was very upset. I don't have the push start so I am not sure me Soul is really an exclaim, though it has most other features listed on the exclaim. (no push button start, no sunroof, and no power driver seat). The salesman told me to go to eBay and get fobs, and bring them in for programming. He said the dealer fobs are very expensive, but they would program fobs for me if I brought them in. He knew I was very hot about the fobs as this should have been disclosed up front. Last 8 on the vin if that helps: E7023107. Just trying to determine if and which fobs to buy so that they work! Thanks!
I can get you a precut laser cut key for $30.00. A new Kia transmitter has a list price of $166.00, yours for $119.00. There is a pin also to attach the key to the transmitter, it's $3.00.No tax, plus shipping. Send me a PM if you want to get one.
BTW, brand new red zone floor mats (set of 4) Have a list price of $102.00. I would try to get them from cheferman65......

·
Registered
564 Posts
ok ok , you pay shipping and send them to me ! no cost to me of course
Maybe he will include a big stack of hundred dollar bill's in the box as well.......LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts