Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how many of you subscribe to KBB on YouTube, but they took a 2010 Alien Exclaim as a long term tester and the end results were very good.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am happy to report the exact same information after 14 months of ownership. For the price, it moves people well, it is comfortable and reasonable efficient. No a driver's car per se, but it does the trick and I am pleased with mine.

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
Other than the sun roof shade sliding closed every time I hit the brake, I'm happy with mine.

Not happy with dealerships that have nothing in stock and after 7 months a sunroof shade Kia doesn't know how to fix though.

I like mine, but can't say I'd recommend Kia to anyone to be honest.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
Other than the sun roof shade sliding closed every time I hit the brake, I'm happy with mine.

Not happy with dealerships that have nothing in stock and after 7 months a sunroof shade Kia doesn't know how to fix though.

I like mine, but can't say I'd recommend Kia to anyone to be honest.
Having brought this up a few times in various threads, you should start a new thread listing your total problems since purchasing the vehicle and what specifically were the items that you required that dealer did not have. I'm sure a lot of members would be interested. Or have you already done this on one specific thread and I've missed it.

Suggested thread title "Why I would not recommend a Kia to anyone"

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
Just look at the dozens of threads dating way back in which people had to leave their cars for days on end because no parts were in stock.

A couple of weeks ago I chose random parts for random cars (Chevy, Nissan, etc) and called the dealerships to see if these random parts were in stock. The only two dealers that didn't have parts? The two Kia dealers.

My dealer didn't even have the cabin filter in stock. Basically, unless you're there for an oil change, you have to leave the car or come back in three days because that's how long it'll take for the part to arrive.

I've owned Ford, Toyota, Nissan, GM, and Infiniti prior to this car. This is the first time I've had the experience of owning a brand that has dealerships that literally carry no parts in stock. Both dealerships here admit they don't have any parts in stock at all, and order them only when needed.

So...need a cabin filter? Forget it. Brakes? Nope. Rotors? Nope. Fan belt? Nope. Battery? Nope! Need literally any part other than oil filter and oil? Forget it. You can come back in three days.

Every other dealer had each of these parts (batteries, rotors, serpentine belts, clutches, etc). Kia had none of them. Two dealerships, zero parts in stock. So, if by chance my car breaks down, it will be a minimum of three days to get it back.

First and last Kia unless they step up and make big improvements.

·
Registered
208 Posts
=A couple of weeks ago I chose random parts for random cars (Chevy, Nissan, etc) and called the dealerships to see if these random parts were in stock. The only two dealers that didn't have parts? The two Kia dealers.

sometimes, I read things and just think "No that didn't happen at all did it"

·
Registered
245 Posts
The key is being preemptive. I regularly drive with no radio on so I can listen to my engine, tranny, suspension and brakes as they work. Having bought it new I had a baseline. Whatever the car needs, it will tell me. My last car was like that and never had one day downtime.

A long talk with our dealership's service manager revealed they carry all the parts pertaining to regularly scheduled maintenance in stock and even brakes. In fact he quoted me brakes $185 out the door for all 4 which didn't sound too bad compared to by buddies at Tuffy Lucky. LOL

I already know I'm going to have to replace tires early. I miss my Nokians.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts