Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Just went out of warranty!

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  SoNic67 
#1 ·
Finally turned over the big 100K. Caught it just in time and was able to snap a couple pics as I exited the Freeway. I have to say, these first 6 years have been good ones. I hope to get another 100K without too much additional expense. So far the only thing that came unexpectedly was the UVO stereo dying on me. I also caught a rock and punctured my AC condenser a couple years back, but that wasn't Kia's fault. And that wasn't a hard fix at all. I have managed to avoid the dealership. Did all my own maintenance and repairs, and am totally happy with my purchase!!
For those of you analyzing total cost of ownership, she went through 2 sets of front brake pads (and a pair of front rotors), 1 rear tail/brake lamp, both low beam headlamps( 6 months apart), 2 sets of tires (factory Hankooks, followed by Goodyear Assurance), and only 2 sets of wiper blades( California weather...Shrug). She also used 2 batteries. First at about the 4 year mark and the second at the 6 year mark(when stereo failed). I replaced the serpentine belt and the spark plugs. I also replaced the air filter twice and the cabin filter twice. She was fed semi synth oil for the first few years, then I quit being cheap and fed her full synthetic at 5000 mile intervals after that. A quick estimate for all the work and parts she used is about $2500 not including oil changes. The Stereo alone was a bit over $500, and on the last brake job I went nuts and installed drilled slotted rotors which added a few hundred more bucks. Divide that by 6 years, and it averages out to a bit over $400 a year. I don't feel like going through all the receipts but I think I'm close. Not a bad deal at all. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Measuring instrument Gauge
Vehicle Car Auto part Odometer Compact car

See less See more
#3 ·
Congrats kevster! That's an amazingly low cost of maintenance/repairs. Thanks for sharing that.

I don't know which number I'm more jealous of, the mileage or your 74 degree temperature display. You lucky dog!

Reactions: kevster
#5 ·
I have been running a tank of cheap gas (Sam's Club)... usually I get 29-ish on winter Chevron gas. This tank was kinda low. No problem getting 30 mpg in summer( on Chevron).
This was also taken at about 4:20 pm after the temperature dropped a couple degrees. It was reading 77 an hour earlier. :) I don't know how Canadians and Easterners do it. I Guess it's just something you get used to....

#7 · (Edited)
10-4 on Terrific Little Cars.

I think mine was one that the KIA engineers were experimenting on, and she escaped, and made it to Florida, and I bought her, freshly off the truck. She's a total little Wild Cat!

To get this car back, they'll have to pry it out of my cold dead hands!

:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.