Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Tom and I’m looking at a new soul. I guess I’m having a mid-life crisis a few years late. I don’t need a decked out soul but if the GT looks as good in person I’ll be buying one, if not the Kona will get another look. I have a 2015 CRV touring and now that I’ve gotten used to all the new safety features I will get them on any new car. I’m 75 now and I think it is the future and they do “help”. I have one question about the engines and wonder is. The turbo for 2020 one of those suspected of burning up? I’ll post pictures when I get one.
Thanks, Tom

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Welcome. There is no "GT" model as of now. The Generation 3 (starts with the 2020 models) is not out yet but is due later this year. The 2019 Souls still follow the US Patterns and Canadian designations and are Generation 2 models (the last one). If you get confused by all this, let us know and we can help to further confuse you. I am 73 and there are many others in the same age range. So we can identify with your desires and needs.

so far as I know, the ones that have the burning motors are only a select model that have been worked on by uniformed technicans ( there is a thread on this, you will probably come across it, Title begins with "Japolink". It is restricted to GDI engine models pre 2015. The 2019 models are the last GDI models (except the 2020 GT Turbo models - Other GT non Turbo models get the 2.0 MPI engines,and the 1.6 GDI is not an option beyond 2019. All other 2020 models come with the 2.0 MPI.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,118 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums!!

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome to the forums, sure age is only a state of mind, you're only as young as you feel. I consider myself a fairly good driver but like you I am not too proud to welcome all the so called safety nannies:tongue:

Pat.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,595 Posts
Welcome Tom and good luck with your Soul buying experience!

Another great thing about the Soul for those of us "late-mid-life" folks is the ingress and egress is simply, terrific!

Getting in and out is just the right height. My mom, who is 91 and uses a walker, glides in and out, easy peasy.

All the best!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info. My Forester runs fine so I’m going to wait for 2020 models to hit the showroom. I hope the GT turbo comes in the green.
Tom

·
Registered
2015 Base AT (1.6) Dirty Asphalt color ("titanium")
666 Posts
Welcome to the hamster house!

If Souls caught on fire very often, we'd be yelling about it here. Or at least carrying marshmallows to roast. They're good cars, not perfect but good. Safe, as cars go, and like GeoSoul said, us old farts can get in and out without too much trouble. My GF has VWs, my niece has a Taurus, those are cars that are hard to get in and out of. Even my last, a CR-V, was harder than my Soul. Easier than a Forester, for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts