Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the forum. I have a 2010 Soul!
I use it everyday and for work. Today my mileage is.... 150,801 Just thought I would share with the group. Last week I took one of my heaviest deliveries as well, over 1,100 Lbs. The Soul keeps surprising!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Dude, so far you probably have more miles than anyone else on here. Or at least anyone that's posted up here. Keep on keepin' on! :)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Your giving your Soul a work out indeed !

Couple of us have some high mileage here.

I'm @ 138,000 miles

:)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Out of curiousity. How are you guys with high mileage? Any major repairs? Does the car still feel as good as it did in its earlier years?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Howdy & welcome to the forums. Great to see the high mileage...don't let Kia know you are carrying over the max load though you are past the 100K mile warranty. What are you delivering?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Welcome to the forums, and hi from San Francisco Bay!

Like Lakeshore, I'd love to hear if you've had any issues or serious repairs along the way.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Out of curiousity. How are you guys with high mileage? Any major repairs? Does the car still feel as good as it did in its earlier years?
Titanium paint still looks perfect; I still get wonderful comments all the time.
I’m not sure how any car could have held up any better for these last 5 yrs
Avg 26mpg, almost all city & is used for work with business machines & stuff throw in & out of it daily,
Then at night it’s spent delivering pizza, car gets even more of a work out during these shifts.
Last couple years I have really driven this car hard, Seems to be running as good as ever !

So what’s a 2010 Kia Soul+ worth with 138K & a worn out driver’s seat ?

List of Repair’s - Service done in last 4 yrs:

100 miles = Loose Sensor on motor causing rough idle ( w/a 0.00 )

5500 miles = Blown turn signal fuse ( w/a 0.00 )

12,000 miles = one of the front parking light bulbs burnt out, I replaced both with upgraded brighter bulbs. ( w/a but I fixed @ 7.00 )

15,000 miles = one headlight, upgraded both with PIAA & they lasted 6 month's ( 60.00 ), upgraded more with HID's they lasted 9 months but under lifetime warranty ( 65.00 )

30,000 miles = passenger side mirror motor - motor works but won't move mirror - could have fixed under w/a , but never did & now it's out-of-warranty

44,000 miles = Battery - Just under warr by 1 month - ( w/a 0.00 )

45,000 miles = Cabin Air Filter ( 10.00 )

52,000 miles = New Tires ( 500.00 ) Yokahamas

58,000 miles = New windshield wipers ( 10.00 )

61,000 miles = Brake light Switch ( under W/A , But I replaced myself @ 22.00 )

71,000 miles = New Windshield ( Glass coverage Insurance = 0.00 )

80,000 miles = Replaced front brakes, repaint calipers ( 75.00 )

103,000 miles = Timing belt, a/c idler, power steering flush, new water pump ( 1000.00 )

109,000 miles = New Tires, Yokahama’s again ( 500.00 )

115,000 miles = New Battery ( 80.00 )

120,000 miles = Tune Up / Plugs ( 30.00 )

125,000 miles = New Windshield ( Free + 100.00 cash to ME )

130,000 miles = Front Brakes & rotors , repainted calipers ( 132.00 ) Rears are still original & GOOD

135,000 miles = Cabin Air Filter & mod latch on glove box ( 17.00 )

Near future:::
Tranny flush
Radiator flush

My favorite mod’s after 4 yrs:::
Air Horns
De-Badge & install K emblems
Front European plate
Rear tinted brake lights
Dash Camera

·
Registered
966 Posts
Wow!!! Thx for listing everything out. I feel fortunate at 22,000 to have had any bulbs or headlights go out.

What's up with having to replace the windshield twice? Gravel trucks on the highway shower you with rocks? (Was a big problem here until the state started enforcing tarp tie downs over a loose loads)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Wow!!! Thx for listing everything out. I feel fortunate at 22,000 to have had any bulbs or headlights go out.

What's up with having to replace the windshield twice? Gravel trucks on the highway shower you with rocks? (Was a big problem here until the state started enforcing tarp tie downs over a loose loads)
Been driving Phoenix metro for 40 yrs & had chevy astro vans for 20 of those & getting a rock chip turned onto crack has happened every couple years,
So the 2 I have put in the Soul don't seem bad to me. Just a week after this last replacement, same inner city freeway ( I-17) that most have happened on.....
WACK ! sounded like the hardest I have heard hit, BUT, can't even find a mark :think It's just a bad luck type of thing I think

Not sure I listed everything that broke, at about 1 year mark both front parking light bulbs failed
replaced with little silver stars & both those burned out 2 years later & now have same SS as replacement again

ALSO licence plate lights failed & were replaced & now I see 1 of those recently went bad

1 - 13 of 13 Posts