Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
my 2020 kia soul s died with 7800 miles. the check engine came on, there was smoke, dealership says it needs a new engine. i think is related to the recall. it was scheduled to get checked but died b4 the appointment :( i didn't even know about the recall till a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
427 Posts
my 2020 kia soul s died with 7800 miles. the check engine came on, there was smoke, dealership says it needs a new engine. i think is related to the recall. it was scheduled to get checked but died b4 the appointment :( i didn't even know about the recall till about 2 wks ago.
Do you take your vehicle to a dealer for oil changes? I ask because they will identify any recalls/technical service bulletinns applical to your car. I have a 2020 also and was notified about several. If you go elsewhere, be sure they tell you about them. And go to www.safercar.gov and look up your VIN for info.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,874 Posts
Do you take your vehicle to a dealer for oil changes? I ask because they will identify any recalls/technical service bulletinns applical to your car. I have a 2020 also and was notified about several. If you go elsewhere, be sure they tell you about them. And go to www.safercar.gov and look up your VIN for info.
Or the Kia Owners site is a great way as well to get vehicle specific info. Every time you log in, Recalls & Service Campaigns effecting your Soul are shown on the landing page. I recommend all Kia Owners take advantage of this free resource. (y)

Kia Owners Portal

·
Registered
81 Posts
its just dumb luck that the mnx schedule calls for oil change at 7500 miles and i hadn't had that service yet. i had scheduled it with the dealership but the wait time was 5 wks!! i didn't expect that long of a wait (nor did i expect it to die). they told me when i made the service appointment about the recalls and the inspection was scheduled for the same day but it died a week b4 the appointment :(

·
Registered
81 Posts
Or the Kia Owners site is a great way as well to get vehicle specific info. Every time you log in, Recalls & Service Campaigns effecting your Soul are shown on the landing page. I recommend all Kia Owners take advantage of this free resource. (y)

Kia Owners Portal
i have recently become well acquainted with that site and would recommend it as well!

·
Registered
81 Posts
its just dumb luck that the mnx schedule calls for oil change at 7500 miles and i hadn't had that service yet. i had scheduled it with the dealership but the wait time was 5 wks!! i didn't expect that long of a wait (nor did i expect it to die). they told me when i made the service appointment about the recalls and the inspection was scheduled for the same day but it died a week b4 the appointment :(
sorry it was 5 wks not 2 as i wrote b4 i'm just old and time flies so felt like 2 lol.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sorry, that was bad luck. FYI, when you get your replacement engine, follow the break-in schedule and oil change for a new engine. Also, unless you do a lot of highway driving, you're in the severe-usage group and would change your oil every 5,000 miles or less. Check the maint schedule. Most people are servere-usage.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry, that was bad luck. FYI, when you get your replacement engine, follow the break-in schedule and oil change for a new engine. Also, unless you do a lot of highway driving, you're in the severe-usage group and would change your oil every 5,000 miles or less. Check the maint schedule. Most people are servere-usage.
yes have come to learn that here and will def follow that schedule in the future!

61 - 68 of 68 Posts