Registered
1,665 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Carvana is paying top dollar for used cars these days.
What is he supposed to drive next. New vehicle prices are ridiculously high.

I am in the same shoes Member Junk is. I want to rid myself of our 2020 Soul 2.0MPI, which is an early build and one of those possible 1%'ers. But I'm not paying sticker price (or higher) for any new vehicle.

I cannot afford to keep it. It will take my wife the entire 10 year warranty, to reach 60k. The oil ring issue may not occur until 70k and I'm out of warranty time.

If Kia Inc. would demonstrate good faith and extend the warranty, I would consider keeping it. It uses no oil and the engine is spotless using thicker 3k OCIs synthetic.

I put 'around' 7k per year on my Hyundai. Had it for 38 months and it sits at just under 23k odometer. That 2.4 GDI engine is another one that needs TLC-galore. Those have a troublesome history and probably should rid myself of that one also. Luckily, it's been perfect and doesn't use any oil either.

Reactions: Junk2.0

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,874 Posts
I'm still waiting for my $60 gift card. It was to be sent out 4 to 6 weeks after the update and still nothing.
Got the $60 Gift Card today denise. It's actually a prepaid Mastercard (not VISA) debit card. Took a little over 8 weeks.

(it was an incentive by KIA to get the knock sensor update done to my 2014)
Rectangle Font Material property Magenta Graphics

• Love
Reactions: rhysoul

·
Registered
2014 1.6l manual
824 Posts
Got the $60 Gift Card today denise. It's actually a prepaid Mastercard (not VISA) debit card. Took a little over 8 weeks.

View attachment 138626
And those of us who updated in a timely fashion don't get squat - other than a short-lived warm and fuzzy feeling - typical :(

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,874 Posts
And those of us who updated in a timely fashion don't get squat - other than a short-lived warm and fuzzy feeling - typical :(
I'm discovering that my new Covid-era attitude of "yeah, I'll get to it later...maybe" is being rewarded by businesses & government. Man I was late to this party!

Reactions: Junk2.0

·
Registered
652 Posts
I had part 2 of the recall done today. It was a 15 mile trip to the dealer. No problems noted on the trip home. I did note the cruise control did seem to do a better job of keeping the car closer to the set speed. It too an hour and a half to do but I also had the mandatory state safety/emissions done at the same time and that is a time consuming adventure. It passed that with flying colors.

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 138626
WOW! Unbelievable that someone actually received the KIA promised prepaid $60 card for completing the KSDS no later than November 15, 2021 (KIA letter dated September 10, 2021). I had my update completed at Folsom KIA on 10/21/2021. I paid close to $60.00 to Uber my car out there after work. I have made 5 phone calls to KIA Consumer Affairs at 1-800-333-4542. The last call on 01/20/2022 they transferred me to a guy named Frankie who said:" Your name is on a chalk board and we only have one person over these prepaid cards so you should receive the last week of Jan. 2022. He confirmed my mailing address. No CARD as of 03/05/2022. I have filed with BBB. Some supervisor at KIA left a voice mail to contact the website: www.kiacardstatus.com Guess what idiot, you need a card number to look up your card! I am not going to stop on this, until KIA fulfills there promise. I literally have bought KIA's for years and this is truly it for me. It is about principal at this point. So so disappointing.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I had mine done and never received any notice of any gift card. I also checked the NHTSA website and there is nothing in it on manufacturer communications about a gift card either.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
41 - 60 of 68 Posts