Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I have a question, I keep looking at my owners manual and following directions but I cannot find the jukebox option to store the songs from my ipod onto the media drive. I plug in my ipod and the songs play fine through the car but how do you load them onto the UVO system?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
But I have a question, I keep looking at my owners manual and following directions but I cannot find the jukebox option to store the songs from my ipod onto the media drive. I plug in my ipod and the songs play fine through the car but how do you load them onto the UVO system?
No 'jukebox' on 2014, but My Music. Save when song is playing. From the thread: http://www.kiasoulforums.com/27-ice-communication/31442-my-music-saving.html >>Thought I would post some pix of saving some Soul tunes to My Music....saved about 22 songs with "soul" in the title. While mp3 file/song is playing, touch the 'Menu' button, drop down menu - touch Save to My Music Saving a mp3file MyMusic.jpg Bar showing saving status

Confirmation screen with remaining disc space Saving mp3 My music kia soul confirm save.jpg My Music Artist list: My Music Artist list kia soul.jpg I have saved all the CD tracks in the largest MP3 file for best sound.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
When you say UVO, do you have the basic Exclaim or one with the Nav package? The two have a different version of UVO on them. If you have the basic Exclaim, then you have the older MS Version of UVO with Jukebox. If you have the Nav package, then you have the Android version with My Music. If you have the basic Exclaim (or the option for it on the Plus, few of those have been put together though), then go to the section that tells you how to load a track into the Jukebox and do that. It then should appear, if there is nothing in the Jukebox, then nothing will appear. If you have the Nav version, then what is in CITS4K9's description is what you want.

Go to page 2-17 of the MICROSOFT UVO System User's Manual. It is in the USB section of the Manual. Not in the least bit confusing.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You can only transfer from a usb drive, not from an iPod or other device. Should be enough storage for about 1,500 tracks (your mileage may vary depending on bitrate). Formats are limited - I think mp3 and wma are the only supported formats. The biggest downside is that you can only transfer 1 track at a time. Just be sure your files have all the correct info and album art. I'm not sure about all of the radios offered, but if you have the 8 inch touchscreen, you will get song info and album art when the tracks are playing.

I hope you're enjoying your yellow Soul as much as I'm enjoying mine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
you should have a UVO System Users Manual, look on page 1-2 and on the MEDIA button you cycle through by keep pressing it to find the Jukebox feature. Then go to page 2-17 and it shows you how to copy to the Jukebox either one at a time or group or everything that might be on your flash drive, etc. It must be in mp3 format or WMA. The Jukebox has limited storage, not sure what it is on the 2014 model but on my 2012 model its about 700 mb.

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
you should have a UVO System Users Manual, look on page 1-2 and on the MEDIA button you cycle through by keep pressing it to find the Jukebox feature. Then go to page 2-17 and it shows you how to copy to the Jukebox either one at a time or group or everything that might be on your flash drive, etc. It must be in mp3 format or WMA. The Jukebox has limited storage, not sure what it is on the 2014 model but on my 2012 model its about 700 mb.
It is about the same, you can check it under the SYSTEM button.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the 4 inch screen on my base plus with UVO. do you think I need a special cord besides my basic USB cable that came with my IPOD that apple has provided to get these songs on? I see once a song is playing on the media mode there is a heart symbol you can press but it never comes up. I also found and see the edit button but it does not light up for me whenver I need to try and save a song.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I have the 4 inch screen on my base plus with UVO. do you think I need a special cord besides my basic USB cable that came with my IPOD that apple has provided to get these songs on? I see once a song is playing on the media mode there is a heart symbol you can press but it never comes up. I also found and see the edit button but it does not light up for me whenver I need to try and save a song.

I am not familiar with the base infotainment system. But suspect it would have the My Music but called Jukebox, since there is no CD player.
You need to use a USB thumb drive thingy as they can TRANSFER music/pix files.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
no special cords are required on the UVO system (see page 2-19 in your UVO owners manual)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I just read my owners manual and in fine print in the iPod section it says iPod songs can not be loaded into jukebox so how can u get mp3s loaded onto juke without iPod or phone

·
Registered
2013 Kia Soul +, 2018 Soul 1 Million Edition
770 Posts
That is my main complaint on Apple/iPod, I hate iTunes. My wife has the iPod-I don't have any Apple product anymore. You would need to convert the iTunes songs in your library to MP3 and save those to a thumb drive that you can plug into the usb port in your car. You can then load them into jukebox(about 700 mb max) or play them using "media". Search the "ICE and Communication" section here on the forum.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
So I just read my owners manual and in fine print in the iPod section it says iPod songs can not be loaded into jukebox so how can u get mp3s loaded onto juke without iPod or phone
I repeat, USE an USB drive. You will need to load the iPod songs onto a computer. I don't have an iPod so not sure what the file format is...you may need to convert into MP3. Copy MP3 files onto a thumb/usb drive and then plug the usb drive into the usb port and when the song is playing, you select 'save to my music' that is if you have the Infinity Sound system but since you have not filled out your drives info I have no idea. I belive reading the other day it was not the top Soul sound system. FILL OUT YOUR DRIVES and READ the POSTs that have addressed your question.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Love the yellow!

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
I repeat, USE an USB drive. You will need to load the iPod songs onto a computer. I don't have an iPod so not sure what the file format is...you may need to convert into MP3. Copy MP3 files onto a thumb/usb drive and then plug the usb drive into the usb port and when the song is playing, you select 'save to my music' that is if you have the Infinity Sound system but since you have not filled out your drives info I have no idea. I belive reading the other day it was not the top Soul sound system. FILL OUT YOUR DRIVES and READ the POSTs that have addressed your question.
You are just frustrating yourself. The question has been answered several times. "You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink" or so they say.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts