Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a letter asking me to fill out a survey about the Soul today. I filled it out online. I think it is for Kia itself and not the dealer, although there were a lot of questions about my last service experience.

The last time I was at the dealer a few months ago, they said I may get a survey asking about their service (and of course, asking me to give them all 10s). They also told me they get the results along with my name and other info. I believe this survey MAY have been something different, but I still filled it out honestly.

Anyone else get this request today or recently from JD Power?

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,656 Posts
I got a JD Power and the dealer survey where they always beg for 10s which means it's an idiotic survey. But everyone's been using it for years even though its connection with reality is not solid.

Perhaps why they go JD also.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Maybe some people are swayed by the dealer but I bet most are not regarding giving 10's. In fact it is proven over and over those not happy are more prone to fill out that kind of survey.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I'll find out if the dealer saw these results if they give me the evil eye again like they did when I filled out the initial purchase satisfaction survey :)

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
It seems like I'm doing surveys several times a week. I especially like doing them when I get something for my effort. JD Power don't give ya Sh**!
But I fill them out anyway, trying to be as honest as I can.

Now when I do one for Logan's Roadhouse, I get a coupon good for $3 off my next meal. It also gives me a way to file grievances with Corporate.
Like NO WiFi!
Complaints are directed right back to the store managers. They hate that!!! But I love it.

Happy Holidays Everyone!
:cool:

·
Registered
88 Posts
So what do you guys think of your dealers anyways? We've been to all the ones within a 100km radius pretty much and so far aren't super impressed. Feels like they all take you for granted, they over charge for everything and don't really give a crap about you. Frankly I doubt we'll be taking our Soul to a dealership for anything we have to pay for out of pocket at this point.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So what do you guys think of your dealers anyways? We've been to all the ones within a 100km radius pretty much and so far aren't super impressed. Feels like they all take you for granted, they over charge for everything and don't really give a crap about you. Frankly I doubt we'll be taking our Soul to a dealership for anything we have to pay for out of pocket at this point.
Mine turned me off big time during negotiations by some of their behavior. I got what I wanted in the end, but I had e-mailed my salesman ahead of time, made a deal, and then when I got there they were trying to change the deal. They wanted to see e-mails I exchanged with another dealer... AS IF! Then the saleswoman told me the car had all of the e-services, which it did not at the time. So unless their service department turns out to be exceptional, I am going to try buying from a different dealer next time.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
My local dealer is great and have been dealing with them since November 2007, bought two KIA's off them and also have got my vehicles service there since day one. They have always treated me well and as long as they continue to do so they will get my business. Highly recommend them.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,587 Posts
I guess I'll find out if the dealer saw these results if they give me the evil eye again like they did when I filled out the initial purchase satisfaction survey :)
My dealer did the same at purchase. Told me I'd receive a survey from Kia, anything less than a 10 is considered "failure." He went on to say that if I didn't give 10's "it hurts real people with real jobs." Wow. How can any of this be considered valuable data if respondents are pressured into giving anything but the truth? And no, these guys are not 10s.

I asked a buddy who bought a Sportage from them a year earlier & he had the same experience. Like User pondered, is it anonymous? There is no real assurance of that. Don't get me wrong, I have no fear of these guys personally. The question is do I want to get caught up in ugly reindeer games between dealers & corporate? Do I want this to effect my future dealings with the service dept (reference the Seinfeld episode where Elaine had a note in her medical file saying she was a difficult patient). H *ll no. I didn't just spend my hard earned money so that I could get involved in their HR issues.

The fact is most "survey" action these days, unless conducted by an independent 3rd party, is to collect information on YOU. What you buy, look for, habits, your income & most importantly, what you are likely to buy next.

Like my buddy, I opted to not respond to this particular survey.

:mask:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Like User pondered, is it anonymous? There is no real assurance of that
I'm not sure about this JD Power survey in particular, but survey results from Kia definitely are shared along with your name with your dealer. The service department showed me what it looks like on their computer when they get the results and the name was attached. He was basically saying "all 10s please... we know who you are."

This JD Power one asked all about how I like the car in general, and about my last contact with service. It also asked about my previous car and if I would consider a Kia for my next car. It then went on to ask a bunch of personal questions like race, income, sex, etc and I declined to answer all.

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
^^^^

Thanks for sharing that user. As I suspected, it isn't anonymous and more than likely is used to drive futures sales.

Identify your target & let the marketing begin!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I answered EVERY question. Even the personal ones. I'm not ashamed of my race or age, etc. I am who I am and I'm perfectly happy with that.

But I'm also very happy with my Kia Soul and my dealer (Citrus Kia, in Crystal River, FL) so it was no problem for me to give them all 10's.
If my 10's are accompanied with my name, all the better, because I want my dealer to know how happy I am with them.
I do tell them that, in person, every chance I get.
That's important when I need a little something extra from them.

Cheers mates, and Happy Holidays!

:cool:

·
Registered
2013 Kia Soul +, 2018 Soul 1 Million Edition
785 Posts
Come on people! Have a little fun with the surveys. Mark a different race/gender/age etc., especially if you consider it a BS survey.:laughonfloor

Reactions: tampa8

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I answered EVERY question. Even the personal ones. I'm not ashamed of my race or age, etc. I am who I am and I'm perfectly happy with that.
Oh Gawd... it wasn't about being embarrassed that I am white or anything else derp, I just never answer those questions.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Come on people! Have a little fun with the surveys. Mark a different race/gender/age etc., especially if you consider it a BS survey.:laughonfloor
When the term "Pacific Islander" first came out as a choice, all of us at work would mark that one. And I agree a 1,0000% it has nothing to do with being ashamed, some people just don't like answering any personal question on a survey.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I look at it this way: I spent 15 minutes answering your survey questions for free. If you want my demographic information, which is valuable to you, offer me a Kia (or preferably Amazon) gift card in return. I mean, jeeze.

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
^^^^
Totally agree User. And its not about being ashamed, its frankly none of their business. Privacy has become a rare, if nonexistent commodity. But some people like to give it up for free (just realized how bad that sounds).

The other thing I notice with these survey based ratings is the very different conclusions regarding a particular car. Consumer Reports may say excellent, KBB says bad & JD says average. But then again these are just interpretations of peoples opinions.

I'd like to see comprehensive repair results (eg: how many Civic power door locks are repaired by year). That would be much better "consumer" information, IMO.

Case in point, Mazda CX-5's appear to have a spontaneous cracking windshield problem. That information never appears in the fluff reviews by Edmunds, JD Powers & the like.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Some online surveys won't let you continue if you don't put in the personal info.
That should tell you how much they really care about your "opinion".

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Some online surveys won't let you continue if you don't put in the personal info.
That should tell you how much they really care about your "opinion".
The survey was tied to my name and address from Kia, so they should have SOME of my info already. They didn't need the rest though. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts