Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Before I got my 2020 Soul, I had a 2013 Soul, and before that I had a 2009 Suzuki SX4 (AWD/FWD) and they all had one thing in common....that danged Anti-Skid device/feature would get me stuck faster than anything. It's absolutely terrible, when I'm driving in loose sand. Right when I'd need traction the most, it would go away. After I'd STOP, and turn off the Anti-Skid thingy, I could get going again. It's absolutely INSANE, that something that's supposed to be so helpful, could be so detrimental.

So now that I have ISG under control, my next step is to permanently shut off the Anti-Skid control.
I really hate it, when I pull out onto the highway and I need MAX acceleration ASAP, and the dang front tires spin and the ASC kicks in and starts playing with the motor, IVT and brakes.

Arggg! It's a battle I'll eventually win, but it scares the heck out of me, when I've got a HUGE Simi bearing down on me, at 60+ mph., and I need to get out of its way, FAST!

That's just one more button that I don't want to have to push every time I get in my car.

Season's Greeting Everyone!

:cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
my next step is to permanently shut off the Anti-Skid control.
I really hate it, when I pull out onto the highway and I need MAX acceleration ASAP, and the dang front tires spin and the ASC kicks in and starts playing with the motor, IVT and brakes.
OH, maybe that's what's happening to me. I thought it was the icy road but really there hasn't been much ice and yes same thing when pulling onto highway, all sorts of spinning and motor revving etc etc. Didn't realize there was a button for this. I'm thinking it's that one right next to the other one.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Those buttons are different in different trim levels, but it's marked. On my LX, it's the one on the extreme right, in that button cluster.

There is NO WAY in heaven or heck that I could ever drive in snow or ice with that danged Anti Skid Control kicking in every few seconds. That would be a total nightmare!!!!

Season's Greetings,

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Those buttons are different in different trim levels, but it's marked. On my LX, it's the one on the extreme right, in that button cluster.

There is NO WAY in heaven or heck that I could ever drive in snow or ice with that danged Anti Skid Control kicking in every few seconds. That would be a total nightmare!!!!

Season's Greetings,
I tend to leave that feature on, and drive in a way that keep it from activating. It's sort of a reminder for me to drive gently on the snow and ice. I do turn it of in very difficult conditions, though. I hate how it sounds when it kicks in, so I drive even more carefully. Maybe that's a good thing.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts