Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate the ISG function that automatically stops the engine when in Drive and foot on Brake. I have a button on the dash to disable the function allowing the 2021 Soul EX to stay running but I have to press that button every time I start the car. Is there a way to change the button default to ON so the ISG is disabled or another way to permanently disable the ISG function?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Unfortunately, at least on the 2020 Souls and I expect it’s the same for the 2021s there is no way to permanently disable it. The common solution is to wedge it with a wedge of paper when the button is depressed.

·
Registered
592 Posts
They are talking about this over on the Subaru forum, and this device is quite popular. However, it does not appear to have a model for Kia/Hyundai. Yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, at least on the 2020 Souls and I expect it’s the same for the 2021s there is no way to permanently disable it. The common solution is to wedge it with a wedge of paper when the button is depressed.
Thank you!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are talking about this over on the Subaru forum, and this device is quite popular. However, it does not appear to have a model for Kia/Hyundai. Yet.

Thank you!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you!!
I reached out to Autostop Eliminator and received a quick reply.
They need a donor KIA Soul to work on the product for that model.
The process would take about 6 hours.
If anyone near Fairmont West Virginia has a 2021 KIA Soul that they'd let AutoStop Eliminator work on, please reach out to them - I'm sure we would all appreciate it!!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
JFWIW.....(Just for whatever it's worth)

If a Soul owner would install an electronic device to disable the ISG, and it failed, and caused a problem in the car, (like an electrical FIRE) almost any Kia Dealer could declare the car's Warranty VOID.
Not to say that they absolutely WOULD, but just that they COULD.
So add to the cost of the device in question, the cost of your warranty, and it gets pretty darned expensive PDQ!
And is the device in question made with Military Spec or NASA Grade parts, or parts of the Hobby Grade variety as might be found in Radio Shack or other parts stores?

However, a little something stuck in beside the ISG switch to hold it in, can easily be removed when the car goes to the dealer for service. Out of sight, out of mind. No fault, No foul!
And, you don't have to keep pushing that button.
I used a little piece of card stock, while another member reported using a Tooth Pick.
Whatever works!

Wishing y'all a very nice day, and Happy Motoring!

FLH :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts