Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
According to the Carfax it has been listed for sale going on a year. Personally for that reason alone I would pass. That seems kind of suspicious for a car to be on the market that long.
The dealer said it's been hard to move because it's a manual transmission. I thought that sounded reasonable. It's been service regularly.

Thanks for your feedback mbw31!

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Too old! Many things in an 11 or 12 year old can have deteriorated, just because of age, making it unreliable. Even if I had bought that car brand new, I would have gotten rid of it long before now, just because of age.
If you want a used Soul, there are a lot more newer ones out there to choose from.
Good Luck
:cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Too old! Many things in an 11 or 12 year old can have deteriorated, just because of age, making it unreliable. Even if I had bought that car brand new, I would have gotten rid of it long before now, just because of age.
If you want a used Soul, there are a lot more newer ones out there to choose from.
Good Luck
:cool:
Thanks FLHamster!

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Priced a bit high for me but looks decent. In the picture with the open hood you can see massive amounts of corrosion on the hose clamps etc... You will have leaks springing up. Also look under the car, judging by the corrosion on all the bolts and hose clamps I would guess it lived near salty air and is not too pretty underneath. If you bought it a decent price and can do repairs yourself I would say it is a decent car if clean underneath.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Priced a bit high for me but looks decent. In the picture with the open hood you can see massive amounts of corrosion on the hose clamps etc... You will have leaks springing up. Also look under the car, judging by the corrosion on all the bolts and hose clamps I would guess it lived near salty air and is not too pretty underneath. If you bought it a decent price and can do repairs yourself I would say it is a decent car if clean underneath.
What would be the price you would set?

Thank you for the feedback bwdz75!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I went back and looked at the pictures. I bet if you saw it in person it would look a lot worse. You can't tell much from pictures. And like bwdz75 said looking at the original hose clamps, I seriously doubt all the maintenance was done. I always hated those spring clamps and when I replaced hoses I used worm type clamps. Hard pass.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,870 Posts
The dealer said it's been hard to move because it's a manual transmission. I thought that sounded reasonable. It's been service regularly.

Thanks for your feedback mbw31!
I sold my 24 year old Acura 5 Speed Stick shift and it took one day. That's BS about the stick shift. There are people look for them.

Is there rock solid proof oil changes were done? If so, can you tell us the mileage intervals?

Definitely get down and look under the car for rust issues. Also, have a trusted mechanic check it over, put it on the computer, and check for any problems.

CarFax is in the business of selling cars and pretends to be on "your side." It's really up to you to do the detective work.

Here's some other 2011 stick shift for comparison.
https://www.cars.com/shopping/resul...max=&mileage_max=&transmission_slugs[]=manual

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went back and looked at the pictures. I bet if you saw it in person it would look a lot worse. You can't tell much from pictures. And like bwdz75 said looking at the original hose clamps, I seriously doubt all the maintenance was done. I always hated those spring clamps and when I replaced hoses I used worm type clamps. Hard pass.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 1.6l manual
824 Posts
According to Edmunds True Market Value

Note:
  • I answered "No" to all questions such as having been smoked in, any body panels need paint / repair, any major rust, any tires need replacement, etc, etc)
  • And used a San Fernando Valley zip code (91340)

Trade-in Value

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Screenshot

Azure Rectangle Font Slope Parallel

Private Party Value

Azure Rectangle Font Parallel Slope

Product Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot

Dealer Retail Value ** The asking price is too high but this estimated dealer price from Edmunds is even crazier **

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Screenshot

Product Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
What would be the price you would set?

Thank you for the feedback bwdz75!
You don't want to know what I would offer for this car. I'll give you a hint, bought my 2016 Soul with every option available down to heated and cooled seats, panoramic roof etc. and 40k miles on it about 2 years ago and for well under what they are asking for this car. So basically since it was 2 yeas ago you would compare it to a fully loaded 2018 Plus model with 40k ish miles for under 6k. I don't pay much for cars and never retail. Even my Mazda I bought new for a few grand off sticker and 0.9% financing (and with inflation now that payment seems like 20% cheaper now)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You don't want to know what I would offer for this car. I'll give you a hint, bought my 2016 Soul with every option available down to heated and cooled seats, panoramic roof etc. and 40k miles on it about 2 years ago and for well under what they are asking for this car. So basically since it was 2 yeas ago you would compare it to a fully loaded 2018 Plus model with 40k ish miles for under 6k. I don't pay much for cars and never retail. Even my Mazda I bought new for a few grand off sticker and 0.9% financing (and with inflation now that payment seems like 20% cheaper now)
I should have you pick out my used car.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts