Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we need to unplug the antenna to stop having the 3 SAT presets show up when changing modes on the stereo?

·
Registered
191 Posts
im not having this problem... are you accidently switching back and forth from one of the three satellite modes? sat 1 sat 2 or sat 3??? my sat 3 still has the factory settings - I dont have a need for 18 presets!!!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No.. when I want to go from Radio to USB, I have to go through all 3 FM presets, the AM preset then all 3 SAT presets to get to USB.. I want to go straight to USB from the radio presets since I didnt renew my sirius subscription

·
Registered
183 Posts
ah... your using the stearing wheel controls... I just reach up and hit the button on the radio, dont really use the "mode" button on the steering wheel much
Good tip Viper. If you are in radio mode and you hit the CD/AUX button it takes you right to USB. A lot better then using the Mode button.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, Im also interested to know if the Sat modes can be disabled.

Also, is anyone else having this issue?:

Using the up / down arrows on the steering wheel, the presets sometimes dont go up to the very next preset. For example hitting up on preset 4 takes me to 6 instead of 5 or trying to go up from 5 takes me to 2 instead of 6. This ONLY happens in Satellite and only sometimes, as if signal isnt 100%. The FM and AM work perfectly all the time. Anyone having this same issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
106 Posts
im not having this problem... are you accidently switching back and forth from one of the three satellite modes? sat 1 sat 2 or sat 3??? my sat 3 still has the factory settings - I dont have a need for 18 presets!!!
I use SAT1 for news, SAT2 for comedy, and SAT3 for music. I don't use all mine, either, but by dedicating a SAT bank to a genre makes it easier to find stuff and leave slots open for similar stations.

·
Registered
106 Posts
No.. when I want to go from Radio to USB, I have to go through all 3 FM presets, the AM preset then all 3 SAT presets to get to USB.. I want to go straight to USB from the radio presets since I didnt renew my sirius subscription
I used the radio's menu to change the display settings so that it when you press RADIO, it shows ALL the SAT and AM/FM banks simultaneiously. You can then press 1 through 6 to select the SAT/AM/FM you want. When you press MEDIA, it shows all the media: USB (1), whatever (2), and My Music (3). I use 1 and 3, that's why I don't remember what it says for (2) and just called it whatever. I don't have a CD player and have all my music on a SD chip plugged into the USB port.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, Im also interested to know if the Sat modes can be disabled.

Also, is anyone else having this issue?:

Using the up / down arrows on the steering wheel, the presets sometimes dont go up to the very next preset. For example hitting up on preset 4 takes me to 6 instead of 5 or trying to go up from 5 takes me to 2 instead of 6. This ONLY happens in Satellite and only sometimes, as if signal isnt 100%. The FM and AM work perfectly all the time. Anyone having this same issue?

Thanks!
I want to eliminate the 3 (50%) Sirius station sets. and use the Mode button a sit was designed as a safety feature? I don';t want to stand on one leg and then blow to the east and try to hit a few buttons on the radio. Does anybody know how to disable or just give snappy advice and alternate suggestions. Are there alternate radios that do not have Sirius advertisements/spam and 800 numbers in the display for 50% of the modes?

·
Registered
15 Posts
i got crickets here for 3 months on this request. Looks like 1800BuySirius is spamming my dashboard display on 50% of the mode selections unless i swap out the radio? Only solution is to take my hands off the wheel and push a button to skip directly to FM1 FM2 or AM or go to bluetooth. Pretty disappointing.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
At least for me part of the problem is understanding what you are talking about. Never anywhere in this thread is it told what radio you have and your Garage doesn't seem to answer it, because it sounds different than the one I have. On my 2014 when I hit the mode button there is one and one time only it sees the Sirius selection as I cycle through. There is no Sat 1 Sat 2 Sat 3. Obviously I can simply hit the mode button one more time to get past it. Nothing happens to make me use the buttons on the screen to get past anything.
Is this a radio without navigation perhaps? If so an answer if it is a big hassle, get the radio with navigation because there is only one selection for Satellite that you simply skip by, once each cycle.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Yeah I'm a little confused about what the problem here is too. On the Primo (with Nav), if I shut the car off with FM mode on, for example, it will start in FM mode when I start the car next time. I never see SAT.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yeah I'm a little confused about what the problem here is too. On the Primo (with Nav), if I shut the car off with FM mode on, for example, it will start in FM mode when I start the car next time. I never see SAT.
The 2010 plus audio system had am fm sat1 sat2 sat3 as modes and I subscribed to sirius so I used them but rather you subscribe to sirius/xm or not the modes are going to be there . It would be like trying to get rid of the am or fm modes . Not gonna happen .

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
i got crickets here for 3 months on this request. Looks like 1800BuySirius is spamming my dashboard display on 50% of the mode selections unless i swap out the radio? Only solution is to take my hands off the wheel and push a button to skip directly to FM1 FM2 or AM or go to bluetooth. Pretty disappointing.
Well, since you brought it up, I never commented because I couldn't figure out whether you were a garden-variety neurotic, a drama queen, a spoiled brat yuppy, some combination of all three, or a troll. I quote:

I want to eliminate the 3 (50%) Sirius station sets. and use the Mode button a sit was designed as a safety feature? I don';t want to stand on one leg and then blow to the east and try to hit a few buttons on the radio. Does anybody know how to disable or just give snappy advice and alternate suggestions. Are there alternate radios that do not have Sirius advertisements/spam and 800 numbers in the display for 50% of the modes?
Dude, we're talking about a small car here. The radio is well within reach while driving without "standing on one leg and blowing to the east," as you so colorfully compare the paralyzing trauma of reaching over to push a button. Unless you're 9 years old (which I must admit is a a possibility given the tone of your post), you should be able to do it quite easily without the risk of casting yourself and the motoring public into ghastly peril because you had to loosen your death grip on the steering wheel for three-quarters of a second.

Whatever the case, when I read your post, I shrugged and moved on. I frankly suspected that you were a troll because of your whining, catastrophizing, over-the top response. But on the odd chance that you are not a troll and are serious about removing Sirius, I shall reply now.

I doubt there's a way to disable the Sirius functionality short of hacking into the radio's firmware. If there were (and maybe there is) it probably would be in the owner's manual, which I'm assuming you've already read; and if you have not, then I'm not going to read it for you.

If a way to disable Sirius exists and is not in the owner's manual, then it would be in the shop manuals. You can stop by a Kia dealership with a box of donuts and ask them to look it up for you. I'm not going to do that for you, either.

Or you can just deal with it. Having an 800 number flash on the screen in the Sirius preset slots isn't like losing a limb. They didn't put the number there just to annoy you. Really, they didn't. Believe it or not, there is no department at Sirius whose assignment is to annoy you. They just put the number there for those who might wish to sign up, not for the specific purpose of shrouding your already-burdensome daily existence with yet another layer of gloom and despair.

Or, has been suggested over and over again, you can just reach over over and push the button on the radio. I know, I know, that would require your releasing your death grip on the wheel. I'm pretty sure you'll survive. Really. People do it all the time.

Your idea of swapping out the radio seems pretty retarded to me. Here's why. You're unlikely to find a replacement radio that works with the steering wheel controls (which is a higher-end feature), but that doesn't include the Sirius functionality (which would make it a lower-end radio). I doubt such a radio exists. The market for aftermarket radios that take away features wasn't so robust the last time I checked. So by going through the trouble and expense of swapping out the radio so your life isn't cast into utter despair by the 800 number flashing in the Sirius presets, you would lose the remote control altogether, meaning you'd have to release your death grip on the wheel even more frequently.

You know what? I still think you're a troll. Seriously. I find it hard to believe that anyone would be as upset as you are by such a trivial inconvenience. I'm not sure why I'm wasting my time.

Richard

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
The 2010 plus audio system had am fm sat1 sat2 sat3 as modes and I subscribed to sirius so I used them but rather you subscribe to sirius/xm or not the modes are going to be there . It would be like trying to get rid of the am or fm modes . Not gonna happen .
True, but...... he (claims) to have a 2014+ does the non navigation radio have those three presets?

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,618 Posts
Why not just use the voice commands? Say "USB" from wherever you're at and it's done. You never once would have to take your eyes off the road & basically will never need to see any of the SAT presets again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
How to disable Sirius...remove anything that is attached to the vehicle for Sirius sat radio. The head unit is only a user interface, in move vehicles the tuner is usually seperate from the head unit. Remove the tuner the head unit will not find the tuner on the next start cycle and Sirius should forever be disabled. There is no proof that this will work as I am a Sirius subscriber and use sirius but my titan I had required a second piece of hardware even though a SAT button was hard wired on the oem head unit.

Hope that helps and ask the dealer if the tuner is seperate from the head unit...it usually is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help!! I'm in a 2012 soul! Had it for two years with no issues. All of a sudden my radio 'mode' won't bring up 'mp3' which is what is necessary to use my Bluetooth. It use to be as simple as scrolling through the various modes (Sat1, Sat2, Sat3, mp3, fm1, fm2, am). Now, everything is there per normal but my mp3 option has disappeared! Why?? I called the dealership. He suggested trying to reset the radio?? I'm not sure how to do it. Apparently it's a little recessed button on top rt corner? All I found was a tiny hole above the 'CD' indicator. I pushed and held it for ever. Radio read 'transfer complete'. What?? Still got nothing for my mp3 mode coming forth.
When I bought the car and forever since I've had NO problems. Now, all of a sudden, that mp3 option is gone and so is my ability to listen to Pandora from my phone through my car stereo. Anybody?? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts