Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here use or know of a Thule roof rack crossbar system compatible with the 2021 Kia Soul X-Line?

The fit guide on Thule’s web site only shows a “normal roof” option for the newest Soul. There doesn’t seem to be an option for flush roof rails like the ones on the X-Line. Thule does offer something for the Kia Niro with flush rails, so I’m wondering if any of those products are compatible, or if anyone here knows of a hack.

I know there are other brands offering a crossbar solution, like Yakima, OMAC, and Kia itself. My goal would be to use the Thule Wing Bar Evo crossbars I already have for my 2010 Soul, and add compatible podiums/feet/towers/whatever they are called, rather than start over from scratch.

I haven’t bought the car nor have I seen what these roof rails look like in person, and I’m waiting on an answer from Thule. Anyone have any guidance?

·
Registered
2020 LX, cherry black
144 Posts
Cross
, and add compatible podiums/feet/towers/whatever they are called, rather than start over from scratch.
I don't think you can use any mounts other than your factory side rails.

If Kia has an oem crossbar, I would see if a dealer has them in stock and take a look at them. The oem direct mount bars for the other trims are pretty nice. They don't make a sound and haven't changed my fuel economy at all. Stay away from the OMAC garbage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A Thule representative answered my question via e-mail. Thule currently does not offer a product that will connect their crossbars to the roof rails on the 2021 X-Line. They are saying this car is a ”no-fit” as of April 2021.

Yakima, however, does offer a solution.

·
Registered
2021 KIA Soul X-Line Neptune Blue w/Black Top. Vehicle Build Date 10/2020, purchased 12/30/2020.
44 Posts
When I purchased my 2021 X-Line (12-30-2020) the dealer did not have roof bars in stock and suggested I should purchase some online. so I got these:

They were not easy to install, but got them on with lots of measuring. They were shipped as compact as possible and not as they would be as to be installed. As for taking them on an off I would leave them on if I drive mostly 'in-city' but they make a lot of noise on the highway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts