Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can only find info for older models. And i also saw conflicting information about which mtf to put in because kia changed the recommended fluid? Can you change the fluid without lowering the car from jackstands? i only have those plastic ramps.
Any information is appreciated.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a 2015 MT base. I was told by the dealer that I am good until 90K miles before my first fluid change is needed. I am at 30K now, and would like to change the fluid soon just for piece of mind. I ordered new crush washers for the drain and fill plugs, and also would like to know the correct fluid to use. I do know that the vehicle must be level, and you need to remove the fill plug first to make sure it is not too tight. After that it is a simple drain and fill with new fluid until it drips from the fill hole.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2015 MT base. I was told by the dealer that I am good until 90K miles before my first fluid change is needed. I am at 30K now, and would like to change the fluid soon just for piece of mind. I ordered new crush washers for the drain and fill plugs, and also would like to know the correct fluid to use. I do know that the vehicle must be level, and you need to remove the fill plug first to make sure it is not too tight. After that it is a simple drain and fill with new fluid until it drips from the fill hole.

Im wondering how im going to level it. I could refill it half way and drive it down the ramp then fill the rest back up... but i wonder if i will be able to see the fill spot from the hood? Or if there will be enough room without lifting the car up at all... Any ideas?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Im wondering how im going to level it. I could refill it half way and drive it down the ramp then fill the rest back up... but i wonder if i will be able to see the fill spot from the hood? Or if there will be enough room without lifting the car up at all... Any ideas?
You need to raise all 4 corners to level the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
garix
Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners
We’re the ultimate Kia Soul community dedicated to Soul owners and fans!
Full Forum Listing