Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife bought new KIA Soul 2020 EX recently. In Toronto, Canada. By herself, I am far away because of C-pandemia.
Later she found that no paper copy of the owner's manual came with the car. Of course, it is possible to download the PDF but... Is it a new normal or just someone forgot to put it into her car glove box?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Should come with owners manual in glove box. They do here. Have her call the dealer.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Our U.S. model came with an Owner's Manual (appx 250-300 pages) as well as manuals for Warranty (appx 100 pages), Multi-Media Systems (appx 70 pages), a Features and Functions Guide (appx 45 pages), and a few small flyers for tires and general "Quick-Start" info.

Of course, the U.S. version comes with important information for a litigious society, such as.... "Do not drink the windshield washer fluid. The windshield washer fluid is poisonous to humans and animals." (Page 7-25) Wow, good thing I read the manual. I was just about ready to crack open a jug and have a go at it.

·
Registered
497 Posts
My Canadian 2nd gen came with a paper one. I have a PDF copy on my phone too. Some cars these days have a copy of the manual on the infotainment system.

·
Registered
2020 White EX Soul With Designer Package
108 Posts
Our U.S. model came with an Owner's Manual (appx 250-300 pages) as well as manuals for Warranty (appx 100 pages), Multi-Media Systems (appx 70 pages), a Features and Functions Guide (appx 45 pages), and a few small flyers for tires and general "Quick-Start" info.

Of course, the U.S. version comes with important information for a litigious society, such as.... "Do not drink the windshield washer fluid. The windshield washer fluid is poisonous to humans and animals." (Page 7-25) Wow, good thing I read the manual. I was just about ready to crack open a jug and have a go at it.
Yup, my 2020 EX came the same way.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Most younglings should remember them too.. they only stopped printing in 2019.. lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
The manual is like trying to plow thru 3 extremely boring novels, and footnotes on every page state that "The story on this page may or may not be a part of your novel... you figure it out." I'm saying the manual is the worst part of the Kia Soul Experience.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The problem with a car manual is that you have to cover features that a particular trim may not have

You could say, why not a manual for each trim. A one book fits all approach is actually more practical. There are options that one car in the + trina has, that another doesn't. You can't be expected to have a separate manual for each combination of options. So we get a 3 lb book to weed through, and any option we add after the fact we get a tiny little pamphlet to add to the collection.

In a way, I am thankful we still get a paper book in the first place...

·
Registered
503 Posts
My 2020 LX came with a printed manual, which I read over a couple of days. I learned a great deal about my new car from it. I always read auto owner's manuals from cover to cover, soon after buying the car, either new or used.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In June of 2019 we bough a 2020 Soul EV Limited. It came with two paper manuals - A manual for the car, and a manual for the entertainment system.

Amusingly, once we got home we realized the dealer had given us the manual for the gas Soul, not the electric, but they were easy to swap out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts