Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - I give up. I've read the manual, fiddled with everything I can in the car without getting myself arrested, and still have no idea if it is possible to turn down the light level on the instrument panel - which is very very bright.

I am used to, in previous cars, turning the little button on the push button near the odometer that you se to set/reset the trip meter, or turning a dial near the headlight adjuster, but on my Soul, nada.

Once the blinding whiet spots in front of my eyes disappear, I will have another look see, but anyone else got suggestions?

Up side is having to re read the manual I now know why my a/c comes on unexpectedly, and how to turn off the "de fogging logic". So, a silver lining, but please, instrument panel light adjustment help anyone?

·
Banned
288 Posts
You can adjust the brightness, but only when the headlights are on. There's a little dial thing to the left of the steering wheel, near the door. Adjust it for the brightness.

·
Registered
448 Posts
What Dragonfire said and it has a lightbulb on it!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I am driving a right hand drive UK model, and the only little dial I have near the door below the steering wheel is the headlight angle adjuster (that changes the height of the headlights according to load carried). Nothing else I can find (yet).

·
Banned
288 Posts
Headlight angle adjuster? Never heard of that before.

Maybe the UK models don't have it? Wouldn't surprise me since the non-US models have things the US models don't.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll swop you my headlight angle adjuster button for your interior instrument panel light adjuster!

Who needs electrically controlled adjustable headlights to prevent you dazzling other drivers when you are being blinded by your own instrument panel! Pah - sux :-(

·
Registered
448 Posts
I don't think that adjust you headlights. That is just ludacris. Why would you dim you headlights. To make you brights come on you push you light control arm away from you. To make the brights flash you pull the light control arm toward you.
There is a little knob wheel that has a light above it that dims or brightens you control panels. If you want it the brightest you roll it all the way up until it clicks. To make it as dark as possible you roll it all the way down.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think he means the knob adjusts the angle the headlights are aimed at ... heavyload = headlights aimed UP ...... I dunno ... this is strange ... lol

Im gonna see if I can find a pic online of the UK dash.

·
Registered
191 Posts

Is this what yours looks like???

If so, one button is for Traction Control and the other is to adjust the dash lights.

I know what you mean about the brightness ... the first night bringing the Soul home we had to turn it down ... until your used to it, its blinding.

·
Registered
448 Posts

Is this what yours looks like???

If so, one button is for Traction Control and the other is to adjust the dash lights.

I know what you mean about the brightness ... the first night bringing the Soul home we had to turn it down ... until your used to it, its blinding.
Good job finding a pic for the knob thing with a wheel and the traction control.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Good job finding a pic for the knob thing with a wheel and the traction control.
thanks ! -- took me a LONG time ... lol

we've been staring at that pic for awhile now ......... the Soul looks so different with the steering wheel on the other side. I couldnt imagine what it feels like to shift gears with your left hand and not your right .....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Having lived and worked all over the world, the only difference between left & right hand drive is;
1 - Right Hand drive is the proper way to do it, and
2 - If you then get into a left hand drive you find yourself occasionally opening the drivers door instead of changing gear.

One thing I have always found confusing is the fact that with when we say we drive on the right side of the road, we mean the left hand side. And then we wonder why some people find the English language difficult.

By the way - the button's I have look like this.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And this is to be found here:

I love the little moulded footrest, very comfortable and saves riding the clutch. I also like my new Kia floor mats. When I can see them if not being blinded by the dashboard lights!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Here we go
WHOA !!! WIEEEERRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD ...

first it was bangers and mash ... then the Spice Girls ... now headlight aiming do-hickeys ....

you guys have all the neat stuff over there ...

(now I feel inadequate .... I cant adjust my lights like that :()

·
Banned
288 Posts
That is REALLY weird. On US models, instead of the headlight-adjuster knob/dial, we have one for the instrument panel lights. And the TCS button is next to it too.

And I don't see anywhere on that picture where the light adjuster could be, so it's possible they switched out the two.

I would call your dealer though and ask them, just in case.

·
Registered
191 Posts
WHOA !!! WIEEEERRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD ...

first it was bangers and mash ... then the Spice Girls ... now headlight aiming do-hickeys ....

you guys have all the neat stuff over there ...

(now I feel inadequate .... I cant adjust my lights like that :()
i with me, I WANT I WANT!!! do us a favor BudhaB, can you take a picture of your headlight assembly? I wanna see how it differs on the inside from ours in the US!!! thanks!:D

1 - 20 of 65 Posts