Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

New soul owner here! Just curious about dealer options. When sitting with financial person, they tried to sell me the built-in alarm system. Since i declined, they said fine but they'd have to remove it.
I didnt see anyone remove anything! Is it something that is on all vehicles but only activated if someone decides to buy it?

And if so, is there a secret on how i can activate it myself for free?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds like a dealer installed option that they now have to take out.

Many dealers install cheapo aftermarket alarms and then charge like 500% above cost to sell them. Just make sure when they take it out (if it ever was in there) that they return the spliced in wiring back into original configuration. Many times these removed dealer alarms will cause electrical gremlins down the road and if you take it to another dealer for warranty repair, they can deny warranty for a non-factory install issue and then you are left dealing with the original dealer on getting it fixed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! We have the car now so they cant touch it. But before we bought it, i don't see how they could have removed anything that quick!

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Sounds like a rip off, the Soul dosent have an alarm as standard, sounds like what Hootbro said..... tho it was probably something they were gonna fit at a later date after they had stung you.

·
Registered
520 Posts
These things are usually ignition disablers put on by the dealer to thwart theives prowling their lots late at night. The dealers will try to charge you for them but it usually costs them more to take them out than they are worth. The ones that our dealer uses have a little magnetic key tag that comes with them. When I refused to pay for them and told them that they were free to take them out, the just handed over the tags with a "ah shucks" look. Good thing about them is that the insurance company counts them as an alarm and gives me a discount.

If you find the thing there and can get the name and/or model of the device, you probably can research it on the web and get any additional info that my be helpful to you. However, dollar will get you donuts that it is still there but bypassed. Most all of them that I have run across have a by pass mode to them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks all!!!

I also noticed a small connector below the steering wheel. It looks sorta like an OBD connector, but smaller. Does anyone know what this is?

Thanks...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts