Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a cord to use the new iPhone with the base radio? Does the 30 pin to lightning adapter work?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes the lightning adapter will work. No I haven't heard of a separate cable yet but hopefully someone will release one at some point?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just use Bluetooth, Thats what I do and it is seamless. To charge it, I just have a USB adapter in the 12v plug. When you plug directly into the USB port next to the aux input, it charges intermittently. Wish I could fix this.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Just use Bluetooth, Thats what I do and it is seamless. To charge it, I just have a USB adapter in the 12v plug. When you plug directly into the USB port next to the aux input, it charges intermittently. Wish I could fix this.
I think it doesn't charge well with the USB port because the iphones need a lot of mAmp's to charge. I think 1 amp or higher. Don't think the USB port can push that out.

One more reason to buy an Android.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have blue tooth. It's a base. And thanks baza, guess I will have to pick up an adapter

·
Registered
966 Posts
For my iPhone 4S I use the official Kia/Hyundai cable for iPod & iPhone that I ordered off Amazon. However, the other end that plugs into the broad plug-in end of iPhone. There don't seem to be any cables with the USB & earplug end into the Kia on one side & lightning connector on other end (is that what the iPhone 5 takes?). But you could get the power plug-in unit with USB (to what used to be called cigarette lighter) & a cord with USB / lightning connectors.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't have blue tooth. It's a base. And thanks baza, guess I will have to pick up an adapter
I have a 2013 base and it has Bluetooth, are you positive that the 2012 doesn't have it? Glad to hear you got it to work with the cable though.

·
Premium Member
2015 Kia Soul + / Bright Silver / 2.0L (GDI) 4-Cyl Engine 6-Speed Automatic Trans
3,014 Posts
I am waiting to see if someone uses the 30 pin to lightning connector on the KIA cable and to see if it works as the cable on the iPhone 4 does.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2010 base model. I've been using the Kia cable for some time now, but recently upgraded to the iPhone 5. Previously, all functions worked as they should, except for Siri and Face Time. In the case of the former, Siri will make a noise like it is ready to receive voice commands, yet it immediately stops as if the microphones were not initiated because the dock connection is being used.

In the case of Face time and phone calls, audio is not routed through the dock connection either.

Not having siri is killing me in the car, and I don't have Bluetooth on my base model.

I'm starting to think with all these USB extenders and adapters that mickey mousing around with the stock stereo is a lost cause when a $200 deck can do all this and considerably more. Like for example; tell me what time it is when my car is off.

Can someone else post their trim level / year and confirm if Siri works correctly with the Kia cable?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts