Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was wondering if there is some kind of protection available for the Interior Door Trim Panel. I have a 2017 Soul. When I get in and out of the car, my left foot always hits/rubs the bottom portion of the Interior Door Trim Panel, which in turn starts to leave a "scuff mark" on the Interior Door Trim Panel. (Does this happen to anyone else?) I'm sure the same thing happens when passengers get in and out of the other doors as well. I'm interested in finding a product that could protect the door trim panel from scuffs and scrapes due to getting in and out of the car. If there are no items available that would do this, has anyone created something on their own or come up with a solution to prevent the scuffs and scrapes that has worked for you? I have attached a picture of an Interior Door Trim Panel and highlighted the problem area in yellow (with yellow arrows pointing to the problem area). If I can find a solution to protect the interior door trim panel from scuffs and scrapes, I'd want to protect all 4 doors from harm. Any tips, tricks, suggestions are appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Have a great day!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
The issue of trim panel scuffing is a bone of contention with most owners. There are some protectors on Ebay, however I tried one that was advertised and it was useless would not adhere to the pebble finish on the panel. Any type that sticks on the panel would have a same result.
I find a little interior detailing product such as Meguirs or Aerospace 303 sprayed on a MR. Clean magic eraser will remove the scuffs. I also move my seat all the way back on getting out of the car, this minimizes the tendency to scuff the panel with your shoe. This may seem like a lot of trouble but I prefer this to constantly having to clean scuffs off.

Pat.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
On older cars you always seen Carpet on that area just for that reason... That worked Vary well... Bean counter's stopped that on the SOUL...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got my car back from the shop (getting ceramic paint sealer, undercoating, etc done). I just got it a couple of weeks ago, so Im doing everything I can think of to protect it (It only has 435 miles on it now). They mentioned the products from Meguirs. I will look into that. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Come to think of it, I did have carpeting over that area on one of older cars. Maybe the newer cars dont have it because of the "static electricity) that may be caused by it, and risking harm to some electronics. I dont know.

thanks for taking the time to answer my question

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
my Dad's '86 Olds Cutlass Ciera had carpet on the lower area of the door but it didn't have any door pockets :peaceful:

·
Registered
483 Posts
I don't think the carpet creates significant static--it is not there due to cost or most likely the life of the carpet panel would be significantly shorter than the life of the car.

Cheaper alternatives would be taking ones left shoe off before exiting the vehicle or donning a shoe cover or having a left driving fluffy slipper.

·
Registered
54 Posts
" Hi everyone, here is what I purchased it does exactly what the OP desires "

How long have you had it installed? Is it sticking well? Was it easy to apply? Pictures???

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I don't think the carpet creates significant static--it is not there due to cost or most likely the life of the carpet panel would be significantly shorter than the life of the car.

Cheaper alternatives would be taking ones left shoe off before exiting the vehicle or donning a shoe cover or having a left driving fluffy slipper.
LMAO. This is what I was just about to suggest - smaller shoes, or no shoes, or some fluffy driving slippers. :D

PS: If you think it's bad with shoes, you should try getting in and out of the Soul with size 11.5 steel-toe full length steel toe work boots! I can barely shift gears if I'm wearing my work boots.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Nice find armozo... I feel it adds that finished look to the panel. Gonna order me a set too!!

Reactions: armozo
1 - 20 of 23 Posts