Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some glue/ adhesive on my door panel and was wondering if anyone knows what I can us to remove the glue with out damaging the panel?
I am looking at 3M General purpose adhesive cleaner Part # 08987.
Thanks
Trev.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I would even try something like corn or sunflower-seed oil. You probably have some in your house. Don't forget that time is your friend; if you can find a way to keep the solvent against the adhesive, you likely will need a lot less of it. And, yeah, it is oil, but it'll be much easier to clean up than industrial-grade adhesive.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Goof-Off or Goo-Gone works pretty well too, but I'd do a test in an inconspicuous place to make sure it doesn't damage anything.

·
Registered
On my second Soul - a 2020 LX w/IVT
113 Posts
I would not recommend serious solvents such as denatured alcohol for this purpose. As with most any surface prep, start gently and work your way up. Try a little warm water with a little dishwashing liquid first - you may be surprised how well this works.

Whatever you're trying, don't bear down/scrub too hard since mechanical force can cause damage.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I have some glue/ adhesive on my door panel and was wondering if anyone knows what I can us to remove the glue with out damaging the panel?
Thanks
Trev.
wd-40 is all you need . it will take it off and it wont hurt anything (less u have nozzle backwards and spray it in your eye)

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,118 Posts
^^^^^ :laughonfloor

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Thanks
Trev.
The 3-M adhesive remover works great.I use it to remove parts
attached with 3-m tape.
It basically emulsifies the adhesive. It is best to apply it to a rag
let the rag soak on the adhesive for a bit. The adhesive will rub off
in pieces. It will leave a bit of residue. Do the final cleaning with some
rubbing alcohol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts