Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals,

I would love to know how you decorate the interior of your Soul. Is that weird? I've seen some pretty cool ideas online. Yes... I am a girl but I would still like to see how the inside looks. The photo attached is a a stock photo from a website, I do not own it.
The interior of my car is all black. I am trying to figure out how to make it look nicer. I don't necessarily want to decorate it pink... actually I do not want pink at all.
Guys, I would like to see yours, too!!

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,983 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum LaGen.

Wow, that looks like Hello Kitty exploded!

I wanted to do a dash kit for mine, and even bought one and didn't use it. It was a cool titanium look, but it was not "form fitted" but just flat facias. You know, like around the radio, it looked funny not wrapping around the edges. Same with the window controls, it was just a flat cover. In the photo above the power window control cover does wrap down the inside handle, but I never found a real dash kit that did that.

So mine is basic black.

Reactions: Kerig3

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
658 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,003 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums!! My 2010 Exclaim has the houndstooth interior.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi and welcome to the forum LaGen.

Wow, that looks like Hello Kitty exploded!

I wanted to do a dash kit for mine, and even bought one and didn't use it. It was a cool titanium look, but it was not "form fitted" but just flat facias. You know, like around the radio, it looked funny not wrapping around the edges. Same with the window controls, it was just a flat cover. In the photo above the power window control cover does wrap down the inside handle, but I never found a real dash kit that did that.

So mine is basic black.
Thank you!

I was looking up dash kits as well and was worried that exact same thing would happen to me! Glad I didn't purchase it. Basic black it is!

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,003 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: LaGen

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here are my 2 cents. I wanted the red line version but I got the whole shebang instead. This is my way of getting a bit of both.

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
Here are my 2 cents. I wanted the red line version but I got the whole shebang instead. This is my way of getting a bit of both.
So, how did you do all the red lines? What is that stuff?
Looks cool, but not what I would do. I would rather keep things more plain.
Your car. So, rock on. (y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
They are edge trim mouldings for cars. They come in a whole array of colors. Like I said, I got mine in red. I put them in my self. Very easy to do and it isnt a permanent thing. If you change your mind later on, you can just pull it out and install another color. I just wanted some to catch the eye with color. My whole interior is black, a little too black, but hey what can you do.
Laters.

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
519 Posts
They are edge trim mouldings for cars. They come in a whole array of colors. Like I said, I got mine in red. I put them in my self. Very easy to do and it isnt a permanent thing. If you change your mind later on, you can just pull it out and install another color. I just wanted some to catch the eye with color. My whole interior is black, a little too black, but hey what can you do.
Laters.
I like the look & it feels like it's part of the car's design. ?
I've also been thinking about adding this type of trim. I also have an all-back interior and find it lacking a splash of color. The gen2's interior also has a bunch of areas throughout where molded parts come together, making it easy to add. Where did you buy your trim, ebay? I was hoping I could find some in the US so I don't have to deal with buying direct from China.

Reactions: LaGen

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
658 Posts
Rixxu™ - Slimline Series Seat Covers
I'm using these. Not too spendy, no air bag obstruction, easy to put on & take off & it had black w/ORANGE trim!
Already conformed to my buttocks.

There's a Febreze anti cling under the covers ?

Reactions: LaGen and Kerig3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow! Thanks for the pictures! Love seeing inside other people’s cars! ? I’m inspired to do something about my plain black interior!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts