Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. I have a child who rides in the back seat. Somehow he got a pen and drew on my headliner in black pen ink. how the heck do i remove it?! I dont want to scuff or mess up my headliner. also, I had collected a bunch of boxes for moving, and one of the corners scuffed the headliner. It's looking a little frayed and ugly. any ideas on making those look perfect would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

·
Vendor
695 Posts
Wow, that's unfortunate!

I'm not sure what you can do about the frayed corner, that's probably going to remain there. You might take it to a detailing shop and see if they have a solvent for ink on that fabric. You won't want to use just any soap as that fabric might get discolored easily

Nick C.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*Sigh* Thats pretty much what I figured. It seems like ever since I brought home my new car, things keep happening to it, and I try so hard to keep it away from danger. Son with the ink pen, Son with a rock that scratched up the back hatch and side -_- husbands pocket knife clip gouged my door... i need to purchase a bubble for this thing. Nothing ever happened to my old beater that i traded for my new gem.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
My granddaughter got mascara on my headliner, so I used a little goo gone on a rag and rubbed lightly. That removed the mascara but left a "fuzzy" area where the stain was...not dis-colored at all. You wouldn't notice it unless I pointed it out to you. Ball point pen will most likely be harder to remove.....good luck!! :)

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
check with a detailer that does work for dealerships (the outside guys that do various detail work with mobile units), I'm sure they have had to deal with something like that in there work and might be able to offer some tips.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
How to Clean Almost Everything says for ink: Commercial pre-wash sprays-spray & blot with paper towel. Nail Polish Remover

Test 1st in an area that won't show...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts