Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Just purchased my first Soul - a 2014 ! w/Infinity Sound System. To me, it sounds analytical and confined. Does this system take time to break in? The Bose system on my 2008 Infiniti sounds much warmer and spacious. The Fiat 500L with Beats Audio that I test drove was also much better sounding than the Soul. Except for that, I'm not disappointed with anything else about the car. What do others owners think about the Infiniti system?

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
I've no problem with it, but then again I can't compare it to the two other units you mentioned. I did a few tweaks on the settings to adjust to my liking. Also I found that it can vary depending on what you are listening too, if mp3's on a USB flash drive will vary depending how its converted. I find the sound from the local FM to be the best. There is probably other better systems around, but I'm not going to go around and try them all just to see what's better. ;)

Some people find it okay, others have not been satisfied with it, just like any sound system for your house as sound acceptance can vary from one person to the next.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I'm happy with it, it's better than the previous system in my 2010 Soul , which had the subwoofer as well .

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
MP3 files are junk, as are a lot of CDs that the audio was tranfered horribly and not as rich sounding as vinyl. Too bad DVD-audio discs cannot be played as the sound is superior. Try listening to the radio. You made need to tweak the equalizer. Infinity in general is better than the hyped up Bose. Bose often don't get as good of highs and lows, tend to create a spacious sound but not true to the music. The base sound system not as good as the one with Sun and Sound...even my Tucson seemed to have a better sound. (not bad for a base system and can blast it as well without distortion unless it's Neil's Old Black. :laughonfloor

·
Registered
45 Posts
Were very pleased with the Sound system on our 2013 !
excellent package

Dave

·
Registered
2013 Kia Soul +, 2018 Soul 1 Million Edition
783 Posts
No complaints at all on the UVO in our 2013 +. Best audio of any other car we have ever owned.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I don't think any Infiniti system will sound as good as a Bose system, at least nonevthatbive heard are as good as Bose. Infiniti tends to be (in my experience) very bright and crisp and lacking on low end, same with their aftermarket items. Your best bet would be to get a different sub to add better lows.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just purchased a 2014 Soul and really like the sound of the Infinity system. I play most of my music through the Bluetooth with music on my iPhone and the sound is great. The only issue I am finding is when the iPhone is cabled to the USB port. The music begins to play the song I selected but bumps around to another song that was not selected. Does not do this on the Bluetooth.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Drop in a real sub, it makes a huge difference. Cleans up the sound by not trying to drive all the bass through the door speakers. The factory sub is pretty much worthless, if you ever unhook it, you will realize you can't tell the difference with or without it.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Drop in a real sub, it makes a huge difference. Cleans up the sound by not trying to drive all the bass through the door speakers. The factory sub is pretty much worthless, if you ever unhook it, you will realize you can't tell the difference with or without it.
Is it a plug and play...or do you have to add an additional amp and speaker surround when installing a new sub? I realize the particular sub you choose may make a difference in the install.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Is it a plug and play...or do you have to add an additional amp and speaker surround when installing a new sub? I realize the particular sub you choose may make a difference in the install.
You need to do the amp as well. The factory amp is pretty low powered, I think 20 watts per channel RMS. It's good enough to drive the speakers and I left mine in for that.

Here is my sub install thread, I went with a SAS Bazooka tube with a built in Class D amp. Pretty straight forward, I was able to even power it from the cigarette socket and not need to run a bunch of wiring. The inputs on the Bazooka work with high power and low power so no extra's are needed.

http://www.kiasoulforums.com/27-ice-communication/14753-bazooka-bass-tube-install.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"Bright and crisp" -- that's a better description than my "analytical." I agree. Thank you sinbad7 and dmwagner - great ideas. I will look at the Bazooka Bass Tube Install.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts