Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 LX IVT
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wouldn't that be nice! Given that this now exists on the EV, is it reasonably feasible (or even possible) to modify an LX with this better suspension? I'm not a gearhead, but from my minimal investigations it seems that the torsion beam arrangement being used allows for a lower trunk/hatch box. If this is true, it would see one would have to go to unreasonable measures to make that change.

The Corolla, finally made the change (I used to drive a 2016) and the difference is dramatic...

·
Registered
481 Posts
If the mount points in the chassis for the suspension is shared, or the mount points for the rear subframe (assuming it uses one), then I don't see why not. Just have to get the two cars side by side to compare.

·
Registered
2020 LX IVT
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the mount points in the chassis for the suspension is shared, or the mount points for the rear subframe (assuming it uses one), then I don't see why not. Just have to get the two cars side by side to compare.
I've never even seen the EV model! In fact the Kia website, in its multi-column run down on each model, doesn't even list it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I've never even seen the EV model! In fact the Kia website, in its multi-column run down on each model, doesn't even list it.
Maybe because it wasn't available in most states? Just guessing... I rarely see them in Texas.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Duh, I thought that everyone knows that the Soul EV is sold in the UK, but NOT in the USA. Eh?

I've Never heard that it's available in ANY US State.

:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts