Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Young&hip?

Maybe not as bad as the garbage truck comparison test...
Yeah,a bit of a stretch.But,I get the point the OP was trying to make.
The Soul came out as the best for the buck.The Corolla,behind times,zzzzzz!
Yes,the Soul is a very versatile vehicle.You can make it,use it in many ways.
The Corolla,thats it.
Should sell more Souls to buyers wanting a vehicle that can do a lot of basic things.
The young&hip?I sure have not seen them lining up to buy a Soul.Maybe its the old
guys that THINK they are young&hip buying e'm?
I remember the PT Cruiser...geez!At one time many thought those were hip.

·
Registered
600 Posts
For the price of the Corolla those idiots should have gotten an exclaim! If the base was better they would have really liked the exclaim. Idiots!

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
...Maybe its the old guys that THINK they are young&hip buying e'm?...
All of the box cars were aimed at the young and they all sell a large share to older folks looking for versatility. I wouldn't consider that a misfire on their part necessarily but I do see more in the hands of older folk/middle age than I do younger persons. Except the 12/13 year olds love them. To bad they can't drive most places.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
many people cross shop something similar. Obviously the Forte would be direct comparison to the Corolla, but it also offers a hatchback and Koup variation which the Corolla does not (at least in the US - the Matrix is history).
The dealer promotion on the new Soul is also saying to compare against some of the other sub-compact hatchbacks in direct comparison such as the Focus and Mazda 3.

Many of us pick the Soul due to the comfortable entry and exit of the vehicle and willing to give up a bit of fuel for it - works for me ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts