Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted on the Kia World forum about the apparent lack of color choices available for the Soul, according to the Kia website. I was really stoked about the Soul's idea of expressing individuality and making a car personal....a big selling point. But on the official Kia website, if it's accurate, I'm seeing one interior color choice per trim.:(
According to the website the base Soul and Soul+ will get black interior. They don't mention any other choices. The Soul! (Exclaim) will get the sand and black... that's it.
The Sport version will get the red and black. Again, they don't mention any other choices or options. I don't know if that means that American dealers will only offer these three color combos, or if the website simply doesn't mention them all. I do know this, I probably wouldn't get the Soul! (which I wanted) because it isn't offered in Cocktail Orange....according to the website. The Java Bean only comes with the Exclaim trim. So, I'm a little
disappointed at the moment. I'm not seeing the kinds of choices I read so much about in the last several weeks. One of the reasons I decided against the VW Rabbit was the lack of color choices.......grey car, black car, white car.....yawn. Anyone know something I don't?

·
Registered
48 Posts
give 'em time (like a year [or two]). they might then figure out what the customers, or customizers, want. Kia just made a rather big mistake restricting customization options. But you should wait till the launch, I mean till they start selling. I'm rather diappointed in the soul which non-Korean markets get.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What you say makes sense, and I agree it is too early to be sure...the trim packages may be pretty fluid at this point, and subject to change. I also agree that Kia is on the verge of a huge opportunity, or a huge mistake, which could means millions in sales. They have successfully generated a lot of excitement and buzz with the Soul, presenting it as a "game changer" at the L.A. car show. The "big three" are struggling to pay their bills, neither Honda, Toyota or Scion have anything really exciting offered in '09, and the door has swung open for a bold, up and coming, player. Kia can be that player by giving the American consumer what they want (which the "big three" have been deaf to) and run the table in the "C" segment. They can be bold and plant their flag, or get timid and conservative. They can be bold and prove the ideas behind the Soul are more than hype...or play it safe. They have a huge opportunity to lift the Kia brand, and draw in new customers with the excitement and energy they have created.....or step all over it and disappoint the new believers.
I hope they decide to give America the Kia Soul that was promised, customizable and full of gadgets. That's what caused the excitement, and that what will keep it going....for the Soul and all the Kia line.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, I'm disappointed that I don't see the orange on the American Kia page now. :confused: I was really hoping to find a Soul in that color. The red is ok though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Cocktail Orange should be there, but only on the Soul+ and Sport.
I use the "Dig Deeper" feature on the Soul page, which allows you to see the interior and exterior colors choices per trim....and accessories.;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
According to the Soul brochure, the orange aka. "ignition" will be available in Oct. Don't know about wheter more interior trims will be available.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hmmm, Ignition eh? that sound really cool....might hold off til then to see what it looks like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts