Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Question for all you Soul Owners.
I've noticed that many owners are changing their "KIA" badges on their Souls with different ones (myself included) I bought some of Korean seller off eBAY but have not received the "M" badges yet. The reason I am changing mine is because I want people to come up to me and ask me "what kind of car is that?" since they couldn't see the badges.

Since we associate our SOULS with Hamsters for obvious reasons, I was thinking, would you guys/gals buy these if HAMSTAR made these?
I already sent an email to HAMSTAR asking them if they would consider making them. Of course we need them to make them in different colors right?

If you are interested,let them know by posting in this thread.

I made a mock-up in Photoshop (these do not exist)

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To show what it would actually look like (my Soul being Vanilla/Dune). If they were made, I think I would go with the Black or possibly the Red, or Black in front and Red in the back and red on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
[QUOTE=Marc; The reason I am changing mine is because I want people to come up to me and ask me "what kind of car is that?" since they couldn't see the badges.

If anyone is so out of touch they don't recognize the soul, why would you want to talk to them anyway? I guess I'm just not an attention seeker.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ROS, why would it look dumb?
The current KIA badges are black so why would it look dumb if Rodville selected Black on his Red Soul?

Or what you're saying is the badges would look dumb and you're not interested?

Regardless, you are entitled to your opinion, but please don't be so negative about it. You could have simply said, I don't like it' or something similar. ;)

By the way, I still have my KIA badges on and I still have people come up to me and ask me what kind of car it is. So there's a lot of people out there that STILL don't have a clue as to what make the Soul is and they're not swift enough to glance on the car to find out ;)

If you're not an attention seeker, then why are you driving a Soul. That's an oxymoron!! :eek:

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've already received a response from Hamstar.

This is what they had to say:

"Thanks for reaching out!

We love the idea of doing custom badges. I've forwarded your email to our team to see how they'd want to approach the idea of this possibly moving forward and we'll start looking at costs of what it would be to produce them.
"

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
ROS, why would it look dumb?

Or what you're saying is the badges would look dumb and you're not interested?

Regardless, you are entitled to your opinion, but please don't be so negative about it. You could have simply said, I don't like it' or something similar. ;)

Marc, stop being so sensitive, this is just a forum. I thought when I said they look dumb and I don't like them meant the same thing. I did get the small red soul emblems you have on your soul and installed them in approximatly the same place, very tastleful and subtle. I save all pics anyone posts and there are things people do to their souls that boggle my mind but I keep it to myself. Why would you not want to hear an opinion? Negative? It's not personal. I personally would not want anything pertaining to small furry animals (although I love them to death) associated with my soul.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
^^ Then I'm assuming you didn't like the Kia commercials with the Hamsters that associates our SOULS with hamsters that most (but not all) Soul owners liked then?

If I didn't like something, I would never be negative about it as to say "they look dumb" I would just say, I don't like it/them or not say anything at all. But then again, that's just me.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I like the idea. Ready to see if it would be possible, then I'm in.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
It was actually my idea!! Marc did all the photoshop. Even though I thought of it I am not sure it looks sporty enough.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
^^ Then I'm assuming you didn't like the Kia commercials with the Hamsters that associates our SOULS with hamsters that most (but not all) Soul owners liked then?

If I didn't like something, I would never be negative about it as to say "they look dumb" I would just say, I don't like it/them or not say anything at all. But then again, that's just me.
I didn't initiate the word 'dumb', Rodville did.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Yeah, it was your idea to do a hamster Badge. It was my idea to do it with a HAMSTAR Hamster. So I'll give you credit anyway Heather.

As for not sporty enough... ??? And you are looking at getting the "K" badges. sheesh!! :D

I would prefer the Hamstar badge better than any of the other ones that are being offered right now, the "M" , the "K" the "T" ;the Transformers...any of them... :)

Hang on, let me try and make them a little "Sportier"

Bad Rodville !

RetiredOldSoul. Sorry man. You're right, Rodville mentioned it first. I never read Rodville's full post. Sorry! I take it all back!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think it looks really cool & I'd buy one!
In black-
(except the installation has to be reeeeeally easy, or the instructions VERY explicit)

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have yet to see the Hamsters commercial on t.v. here in Canada.

I don't watch much t.v to begin with, only Hockey during the playoffs or the Olympics ;) Hey, i'm Canadian, what do you want?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts