Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a 2016 Soul, Base Model, M/T 1.6L. It has a cruise control lever, nothing of the sort that the manual shows for the steering wheel mounted switch panel. I have attached pictures to show the lever on the left side of the column. Bought this car used last summer.

To operate the cruise:

1. Push and hold the lever forward. A faint beep-beep will be heard so long as there is not much ambient noise like the radio playing.
2. Push up or down to set the speed.
3. Pull backward to cancel set speed.

There is no indication on the instrumentation cluster that the cruise has been set, like a little green light.
The lever has the markings "+" and "-" symbols for like increasing/decreasing set speed. They work, but not very gracefully. Like all other cars, press + or - to increase/decrease speed in 1 mph increments. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what it wants to do. Sometimes it will in minute increments, other times it may be 5 mph.

I want to purchase the factory harness and steering wheel switch assembly as mentioned in a previous thread. Before I do that, I'd like to know if anyone can identify what brand and/or how this cruise is installed. I want to know more before I rip it out and thus create issues. I have seen that Rostra makes a lever type cruise control, but I have not been able to find they made a lever such as what I have in my car. One pic shows a number, I looked it up but there are no results that can identify what it is.

Any help or advice before I tear into it?

View attachment 140671 View attachment 140672 View attachment 140673
This car may be very Used and you may be able to get lessons from the your seller. Give them $5 for their time and advice as a tip. Good Luck. My 2019 base unit does have a factory cruise control.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
This car may be very Used and you may be able to get lessons from the your seller. Give them $5 for their time and advice as a tip. Good Luck. My 2019 base unit does have a factory cruise control.
Not sure what you mean by "very used". It's six years old, so yeah, it's used. At any rate, bought the car from a Kia dealer that did not know how to operate the cruise.

·
Registered
2014 1.6l manual
824 Posts
Parts are ordered! Thank you all very much for helping me, greatly appreciated. I'll try to get a timely update when the parts are installed.
Good luck. My 2 cents - I suggest you take your time. Trace out what will need to be removed and how and what extra tools if any (soldering iron, shrink wrap, splice kit, wire strippers, etc) you might need.

For example:
Were any OEM wires cut or spliced into???
How good (or crappy) of a job did the installer of this device do???
Will or should you redo any of the person's splice work before installing the Kia cruise control???

Right now the car works. Take pics along the way as you un-install that device so that you can retrace your steps if necessary (should electrical gremlins occur).

The goal is to get the car back to original configuration and working / driving with no electrical issues due to the removal of this device. Once that is verified then can install the Kia cruise control equipment.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts