Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
That’s aftermarket.

The manual transmission Soul didn’t come with cruise, but there’s a how to on this forum on how to add the factory switch and wire harness to the steering wheel to get factory cruise that works just like it should, dash board indicator lights work too.

Edit- I didn’t read your last paragraph before I responded. Sorry. Don’t know the brand of the aftermarket unit or how it’s installed.

Edit2- Do you know where the control module for the aftermarket cruise is located? There may be a model number or brand on that if it’s a decent one. A lot of the aftermarket junk comes unbranded and hard to find out what’s what.

Reactions: shab

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Thanks. I did see the How-To post you mention. I intend to follow that. I am going to remove the cruise I have first. Just wondering if anyone has seen that type before I start removing it. Don’t want to create any problems.
Yeah, sorry. I made an edit to my post. I need to learn to read the whole post before responding!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Not sure where the module is. I’ll dig around for it tomorrow.
If I had to guess I’d say it’s somewhere under the dash above where your feet are. You might be able to get your head up there and look for things that look aftermarket, but you might have to take the crash pad panel off. Here’s a link for that. Looks like just clips and screws.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I’ve had good luck with www.mykiaparts.com

They’re a dealer in Connecticut.

Try a few of them, I noticed sometimes the shipping prices are extremely high at some online dealers, and more reasonable at others. These guys were more reasonable, but I live not too far from them up in the north east.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts