Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 1.6l manual
824 Posts
I have a 2016 Soul, Base Model, M/T 1.6L. It has a cruise control lever... I want to know more before I rip it out and thus create issues. I have seen that Rostra makes a lever type cruise control...

Any help or advice before I tear into it?
Whatever "brand" it is I would assume it is wired up similiarly if not the same to a Rostra brand. Key word being "assume" :)

Installation instructions from Rostra

Rostra Installation - Part # 250-1859

Kia Soul accelerator pedal wiring addendum

Video of guy installing a Rostra cruise control kit on a Hyundai Accent (with automatic transmission). He located the control box up above the driver's foot well behind the fuse box.
HOW TO INSTALL CRUISE CONTROL IN 2010-2016 HYUNDAI ACCENT

Another installation video 2012-2014 Impreza Cruise Control Install

In your case I'm thinking removal is the reverse of installation.

·
Registered
2014 1.6l manual
824 Posts
Parts are ordered! Thank you all very much for helping me, greatly appreciated. I'll try to get a timely update when the parts are installed.
Good luck. My 2 cents - I suggest you take your time. Trace out what will need to be removed and how and what extra tools if any (soldering iron, shrink wrap, splice kit, wire strippers, etc) you might need.

For example:
Were any OEM wires cut or spliced into???
How good (or crappy) of a job did the installer of this device do???
Will or should you redo any of the person's splice work before installing the Kia cruise control???

Right now the car works. Take pics along the way as you un-install that device so that you can retrace your steps if necessary (should electrical gremlins occur).

The goal is to get the car back to original configuration and working / driving with no electrical issues due to the removal of this device. Once that is verified then can install the Kia cruise control equipment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts