Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm finding the thing I miss most about my previous car is the front seat. I don't mind losing leather but the seat just isn't nearly comfortable enough. Back seats are very comfortable.

Any ideas on improving the comfort of the front seats? Little more cushion and lumbar support would be nice.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll probably just roll with a back pillow designed to strap to the seat. It's the lumbar support more than anything.

My last car was a dodge truck.

I'm curious if I could get a front seat from a higher end car to bolt in. Or if an upholstery shop could do anything to make the drivers seat more of a kings throne. This is the first car I've ever owned without heated seats. Stupid kia not putting a stick in the 2.0's :eek:ffended:

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
I would suggest an upholstery shop rather than trying to switch seats as there is a lot of electronics under the seats and an upholstery shop could more tailor to your specific needs. Also a higher end model it would look odd in your car as none of the other seats would match unless you changed them all. You can get after market heater elements for seats.

KIA used to offer a manual with the 2.0L (G1), but I guess the demand wasn't there so they dropped it. Not much different than most of the other manufacturers. I presume from your comments that the manual was your priority.

Scroll down and check out some of the "similar threads" or do a search on this forum as this has surfaced many times and members have come up with various solutions to their own specific needs.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Hello Colt the closest car with better seats is the Sportage and Hyundai Tucson. You will end up loosing rear leg room as the seats are a little larger not sure if width wise 2 will fit.
The leather seats in the Soul seem to be better upholstered than cloth.

Jeff

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm just noticing it now after driving it 4k miles. It's not unbearable I just miss my old captains chair, my back is spoiled from 25k miles of luxo truck. My thought right now is I could either swap out both front seats with second hand + or !, or a comfortable set of aftermarket seats, or check out an auto upholsetery shop and get just the front seat improved. Lower and side lumbar support would go far for me. I'm 6'3" and thin so my back doesn't exactly align with the stock seat. 10 years of construction labor takes its toll, I needed that adjustable lumbar support more than I thought. If I could get hooked up with more lower and side lumbar support that also heated up…. shut up and take my money.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Theres a thread about improving the lumbar on the first Gen Souls by popping off the rear plastic cover on the seat and adding a short piece of 2x4 or rolled up towel (like I did) between the cushion and seat wire. Takes about 2 minutes assuming the newer Souls front seats are built the same way.

·
Registered
231 Posts
So I'm finding the thing I miss most about my previous car is the front seat. I don't mind losing leather but the seat just isn't nearly comfortable enough. Back seats are very comfortable.

Any ideas on improving the comfort of the front seats? Little more cushion and lumbar support would be nice.
RECARO sports seat I really like how these fill do not have them in my KAI but so have them in my Porsche great seats!.

·
Registered
On my second Soul - a 2020 LX w/IVT
113 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
A friend who owns an Optima passed on this suggestion: cut a pool noodle the width of your seat back and bungee it to your seat. It does wonders for lumbar support.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hmmmm 1,000 bucks for one… is it worth it?
In some ways yes, you would need to actually sit in one then you tell me, in a truly tuned sports car that is capable of 0.95 lateral g's you start to appreciate a seat that can hold you in position without any extra effort.
Their are some other brands out their equally as good for less.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My problem is just the opposite. I have a 2016 base Soul and the factory (fixed) lumbar support is killing my back. Is there anyway to eliminate the lumbar support? If it were adjustable (+/!) I would adjust it to zero.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts