Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there. I am looking for some ideas to add some flare to my front grille. I have the OEM Body Kit on my Dune Color 2011 Kia Soul Exclaim so I don't think I can do anything like a skid plate or something but looking for other ideas for a little higher on the grille. Just trying to get some ideas to do once Spring arrives and I don't have to worry about snow for a while.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Changing the grille on the Soul is a tough one.THere is not much to work with.First of all,decide
what is the overalllook you want for your Soul.You cannot add unrelated parts and come up
with a well designed vehicle.If you do skid plates,you are going with a "off road" look.You'll
have to follow suit in other areas of the Soul.IMO,lool at the entire front not just the grill which is
rather small to make a statement.Possibly doing some trim under the headlights.I've done mine
in carbon fiber.You can also do the inside rims of your fog lights.If budget allows,add a front spoiler rather than
a skid plate.Some chrome trim on the bumper surfaces may work.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
We have a guy nearby that makes Chrome mesh grills for the Soul. I was interested, until I heard the price ($259.00) and then I quickly lost interest.

I've vowed to just leave mine OEM.

:cool:

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
You can go to the gallery and thumb through the albums too. There are lots of folks who did some things with their grills. But to begin with perhaps you can go to the forums page, find the Soul of the month threads and go back to the beginning. There were many, many folks who did things to their cars then and posted some good pictures. You could get ideas from there I would bet. Also there is a thread called: http://www.kiasoulforums.com/2-soul-general-discussion/19401-denim-evolution.html The OP there is Rick Busby, he has a blue 2011 and has made a history of changing looks of the car. You can review that thread for ideas as well.

·
Registered
167 Posts
my bro has all the equipment to build something. pipe benders. welders and plasma stuff. I wanted to completely change the grill to a non plastic surface that is much easier to clean. all those holes drive me crazy. damn honeycomb pattern......

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
After reading the several comments on the OP's post,you have to consider that at times,
its best to leave well enough alone when it comes to design changes.I do design for a living.
I wish there were more members on this forum that can provide constructive opinions
on design.At the end of the day,what looks right to you is what counts,right?
The grille on the Soul is very small.Kia's design direction is to always have the "tiger"
grille on all their vehicles.This is a smart move to give the vehicle a distinctive brand look.
The addition of a different grille insert like mesh does not do much.IMO,looks cheap.Real
mesh material is expensive too.Another factor in doing a change to the grille that will
be meaningful is expense and labor.If budget was not a issue,to recess the grille would
look great.This would involve body work,repainting etc.However,it would sure change the look
of the front of the Soul.
At times,if a part of a vehicle just does not work for you,it may have been best to look
at another vehicle to own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts