Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2023 Kia Soul LX
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove the wife to Bob Evans for dinner tonight- temps in FL were around 58 deg.
14.7 miles RT, 7 stops each way - 40, 55-60, 45, 30 mph each way. Trip computer must be defective, haha, this is almost like my old 2007 Prius. StartStop was disabled-
I had 38.3 mpg at the restaurant and used my old pulse glide technique going home.
39.5 mpg is final number. I have no idea how accurate Kia readouts are. My car is 4 days old.

Automotive lighting Automotive design Gadget Audio equipment Vehicle

· Registered
2023 Kia Soul LX
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Think it reads high too- no way it could be that close to a Prius V wagon -
I’m still wondering when the engine uses that 12.5 compression ratio-

· Registered
2023 Kia Soul LX
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I drove 20 miles today- multiple errands- got it on a faster road , used the sport mode to exercise the engine and got up to 60-63mph-
regular stop-start, my average is down to 34.1- so I have learned that careful, Jack Benny style driving should yield about 3 mpg more than epa numbers- That's what I was interested in-
Carboned up valves was common back in the 60's when I started driving- it was also not unusual to do a ring and valve job on a car by 60,000 miles. Factory warranty was only 1 year and 12,000 miles too.

· Registered
2023 Kia Soul LX
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There doesn't look like any 2023 numbers yet on fuelly.com, but 2022 shows average mpg at 29.4.

Kia Soul MPG - Actual MPG from 1,686 Kia Soul owners
I have been watching Fuelly too- a Kial Soul is not a hot new vehicle anymore. I might try and go for the record books on my first fill up and open up an account.:D A/C is not needed right now in Florida, so the best mpg numbers I will get is this month

· Registered
2023 Kia Soul LX
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I filled up at 200 miles on my new car- just a little under 33mpg. So the 2-3mpg deduction seems spot on.
I too, see the digital readout maxed at 50 mpg at low rpm speeds.
My old 2005 Honda Element would have been 19-20 mpg and my smaller 2009 Chevrolet HHR would have been 24-25 mpg. I'm very happy with the fuel economy and performance of this Atkinson cycle 4 banger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts