Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
239 Posts
Interesting. It’s just a deterrent, it’s not going to stop someone determined to steal a car. I think the steering wheel locks are more visible though and might work better as a deterrent because the POS thief might not see this pedal lock until he’s already broken into the car.
I had the club in the steering wheel clearly visible when the car was stolen. After picking up the car in the police pound and paying $300 I noticed no steering wheel among other things missing. Police mentioned some thieves wear necklaces strung with hard/mineral stones when drawn back and forth can easily cut through the steering wheel. A store next to the police pound sold second hand parts for cars. For $150 I bought a rear window wind deflector that looked exactly like the one that was on my car.

· Registered
48 Posts
Regarding the 'club' in post #1. My bet is a Harbor Freight cordless angle grinder with cutoff wheel will cut thru it in less than 10 seconds. Same type of tool used
to cut off Cat converters. Useless.

· Registered
180 Posts
as someone else said the club is a visual deterrent. They are not terribly effective in actuality. Back in the 90s they found you can use a can of keyboard/electronics cleaning spray upside down to deep freeze the lock then smack the crap out of it with a hammer to destroy the cylinder then remove it. It took very little time or effort. I’d say use it if it makes you feel better.

· Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
9,065 Posts
as someone else said the club is a visual deterrent. They are not terribly effective in actuality. Back in the 90s they found you can use a can of keyboard/electronics cleaning spray upside down to deep freeze the lock then smack the crap out of it with a hammer to destroy the cylinder then remove it. It took very little time or effort. I’d say use it if it makes you feel better.
Sad but true. Now the little shiites often go after the cars while you're driving them. Three of the 4 "children" that stole 2 cars and trashed them got to go home the same day. Parents must be proud.

· Registered
2020 LX, cherry black
352 Posts
I’m not really sure where all this data about car thieves not being punished comes from. My truck was broken into a few years ago. I was able to get his plates after I scared him away and he spent three years in jail. I even got paid back for the damages.

No violence necessary, by the way…

· Registered
1,001 Posts
A warning shot will easily send someone running.
You don't fire "warning shots", that's illegal and can land you in jail.
You can use a firearm only in case your life is in imminent danger and firing "warning shots" proves that you were not.
Basically, when you shoot, you shoot to STOP a life danger. Shoot to kill that is.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts