Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does buying a new car have to include so much damn drama?!?

Or is it just me? I seriously suck at negotiating prices. Although I do a lot of mileage shopping around.

With my current car failing, and my desire for a new Soul growing, I caved in and put a holding fee on a 4U Retro. All depended on the price of accessories because "insert standard KIA sales excuse here" so the car was at MSRP ($25,500). The accessories I wanted were offered as part of a promotion earlier and totalled 2600 by my calculations before tax. So, I offered $27,500. Well after a wait while they checked on accessories they finally call back. Saying the prices I was quoted must have been without installation, they quote $29,650. WTF!

Okay, I want a lot of accessories: deflector, side window visors, roof rack crossbars, trailer hitch, xenon lights, LED repeaters, rear spoiler, full body kit, roof cargo basket.
(otherwise previously known as the sport package and the adventure package)

But $4000 from 2600? $1400 in installation? ARRGH!!!

So, I visited my local dealer again. Packages nolonger exist, fine. But they call me back and say I can have them all for $2810, installed, tax included. Car at MSRP gives: 27,955 for a manual 4U.

Best dealer price for a manual 4U I've been offered was $24,000 all taxes and fees included. But they haven't heard of the kits, so back to the drama of them putting together a price.

As I said, I serious suck at negotiating. I'm pretty sure I'll dump the dealer offering the 4U retro. Offer 27,500 for the 4U with the accessories from the other dealer. Or should I be hardball and go for less? I really do want a new car and am fed up with shopping around. 26,800 would match the best car price and accessory price I've found.

But then there was a post saying another dealer close by sold a forum member an automatic 4U for 23,500. @[email protected]!#!#$$$!

I don't know what to do....

·
Registered
447 Posts
Why does buying a new car have to include so much damn drama?!?

Or is it just me? I seriously suck at negotiating prices. Although I do a lot of mileage shopping around.

With my current car failing, and my desire for a new Soul growing, I caved in and put a holding fee on a 4U Retro. All depended on the price of accessories because "insert standard KIA sales excuse here" so the car was at MSRP ($25,500). The accessories I wanted were offered as part of a promotion earlier and totalled 2600 by my calculations before tax. So, I offered $27,500. Well after a wait while they checked on accessories they finally call back. Saying the prices I was quoted must have been without installation, they quote $29,650. WTF!

Okay, I want a lot of accessories: deflector, side window visors, roof rack crossbars, trailer hitch, xenon lights, LED repeaters, rear spoiler, full body kit, roof cargo basket.
(otherwise previously known as the sport package and the adventure package)

But $4000 from 2600? $1400 in installation? ARRGH!!!

So, I visited my local dealer again. Packages nolonger exist, fine. But they call me back and say I can have them all for $2810, installed, tax included. Car at MSRP gives: 27,955 for a manual 4U.

Best dealer price for a manual 4U I've been offered was $24,000 all taxes and fees included. But they haven't heard of the kits, so back to the drama of them putting together a price.

As I said, I serious suck at negotiating. I'm pretty sure I'll dump the dealer offering the 4U retro. Offer 27,500 for the 4U with the accessories from the other dealer. Or should I be hardball and go for less? I really do want a new car and am fed up with shopping around. 26,800 would match the best car price and accessory price I've found.

But then there was a post saying another dealer close by sold a forum member an automatic 4U for 23,500. @[email protected]!#!#$$$!

I don't know what to do....
Am I correct to assume that you want it all done as a package and financed alltogether?
Otherwise I think you should just get the best price on the car, get it delivered and then worry about accessories.
As a side note, I asked for the dealer quote on the body kit and it came to over $1,200 +2.5 hrs X $103/hr install + 12% taxes... for four pieces of black plastic cladding. That makes the whole friggin' car for $25K sound quite cheap, doesn't it???:confused:
Kris

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hello From Florida

i agree man get the soul for the best price you can and accessorize later , you wont be sorry once you get your soul , then do like the rest of us and make your soul your own :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm telling the 4U retro dealer to forget it.

But, I'm going with the whole package of accessories from the local dealer. Probably can't deal them lower since it's too obvious I want the car, but I might get a couple hundred bucks more on my trade-in.

They're installing everything, and the price as a package seems cheaper than similar parts available online.

I think I've hit that Zen point where I just don't care about anything other than getting the car.

Now to see if they'll accept a personal check and a call to my bank manager or if I have to go through the trouble of getting a certified check...

·
Registered
910 Posts
Just buy it from Soul4U and have him ship it.. or fly/bus over and pick it up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts